Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Paid ATC Service

Can anyone tell me the name of the paid ATC service? I know they service the California FS world. Just can't remember the name.

WOW, This looks cool. Didnt know it existed before. Imagine if we had something like the covering the whole FS world! I wonder if it will ever happen?

It will cost $14-15K/mth to run Norcal and Socal on PE full time (right now, Norcal is part time, and Socal is full time). Don't hold your breath for world wide coverage. It would also result in you being the only person, statistically, within a few hundred nautical miles.

The current model, once commercial and retail adoption rates increase, is designed to promote higher traffic density.

Basically, given the choice between everyone being able to 'fly locally, but alone', versus fly "somewhere else, but with lots of traffic," the model is based on the latter being the long term direction.

Btw, here's a review of PilotEdge from AVSIM.

Keith Smith

PilotEdge Founder

ASEL (instrument)

Lancair 360

Keith Thanks for your help today and the tips, can't wait to file and fly a real route. Going to have to see what are the most popular routes.

Since we have the drone traffic below FL180, your best bet for doing a flight involving conflicting traffic would be a lower altitude flight, say, CMA-ONT, or SMO-SNA, something like that. If you get up into the flight levels, you're not going to see much in the way of other people, generally speaking.

Norcal is open with ATC on the w/ends, socal is 15hrs/day, 7 days a week. See the coverage area page under the About section for more info. Have fun :)

Oh, and we tend to have events once every 3 weeks or so, typically on w/ends. The next one will be next Sunday, look for a post in the forum, Facebook and the home page some time tomorrow.

Keith Smith

PilotEdge Founder

ASEL (instrument)

Lancair 360

I mean absolutely no disrespect, but how is this different from VATSIM or IVAO. I see two differentiators: 1) paid service 2) guaranteed to be online 15 hours a day?

Thank you,

Jas

Quality of ATC is the biggest reason I fly on PE...

There are some decent guys on vatsim but on PE everything is per real world ops, and a clearance you'd receive on PE would be identical to what you'd receive in real life.

In addition to that, real world frequencies... So you look at the AFD and find the actual freq for clearance, ground, tower, departure, etc etc.

Finally, a small but nice part is voice CTAF.... I think on vatsim it works with fsinn not for sure though...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This looks awesome, listening to some MP3 audio transcripts now, sounds great. I am definitely going to give it a try (thumbs up on the free trial). You guys should advertise because I'd never heard of this either.

Seeing how many clicks are coming to our site from this thread alone (there have been other threads about PilotEdge on this forum, too, you can find them), I would have to agree, advertising here might be a good idea.

Keith Smith

PilotEdge Founder

ASEL (instrument)

Lancair 360

Seeing how many clicks are coming to our site from this thread alone (there have been other threads about PilotEdge on this forum, too, you can find them), I would have to agree, advertising here might be a good idea.

Okay, so where is your request for a quote??? Robert, grab Kieth while he's still warm! :yahoo: