Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

The P-40! Released At Microsoft Flight.

It's very sad to see all the negativity and spamming that is going on the MS Flight newsletter page and all the negativity here as well. Very sad indeed.

It's very sad to see all the negativity and spamming that is going on the MS Flight newsletter page and all the negativity here as well. Very sad indeed.

I agree, it’s very sad. Especially if it could have been avoided.

Posting comments for discussion is not spamming - and nothing wrong with negativity - especially negativity regarding the latest Ms releases - which have disappointed millions of simmers around the globe.

It is impossible to fly a plane without a cockpit - if you happy to play the bird that look planes from outside - you welcome to do so - but that is all about a cockpitless plane can offer you.

All in all, I like the smoothness and the default quality that MS Flight offers far better than the defaults that FSX provided.
Yeah, with that I agree. FSX is horribly optimized software, and it would be extremely weird if Flight didn't look better than FSX which was released over over 6 years ago. But in my opinion its still far away from standards set by Aerofly FS.

It's very sad to see all the negativity and spamming that is going on the MS Flight newsletter page and all the negativity here as well. Very sad indeed
Yeah, so when people spam about how Flight will evolve something great in future and how great everything is you have nothing against that, but then when people with different opinion come its instantly spamming?

I'm flying a simulation of a P-40, regardless of it not having an internal cockpit, it is still a computer generated simulation of the real aircraft.

You can call every single arcade game with planes that look like real ones from outside simulation with that logic.

Posting comments for discussion is not spamming - and nothing wrong with negativity - especially negativity regarding the latest Ms releases - which have disappointed millions of simmers around the globe.

It is impossible to fly a plane without a cockpit - if you happy to play the bird that look planes from outside - you welcome to do so - but that is all about a cockpitless plane can offer you.

It seems that you haven't seen the spam, the COCKPIT COCKPIT COCKPIT COCKPIT chant going on, is spam. I'm not against negativity in and of itself, but it's way overboard, and certainly not balanced. People are saying they are getting ripped off? How are they getting ripped off if it is in very clear writing that the basic aircraft have no cockpit in them. It says it very clearly before purchasing as well as being told by MS Flight on their posts. No one is getting ripped off. People are flatly ignoring that and then complaining that there is no cockpit when it says it right there in b/w. No one is forcing anyone to buy a basic aircraft, or any for that matter. So there doesn't need to be any complaining about "no cockpit". Also the price for a basic aircraft is not anywhere as close as the deluxe aircraft, that's a clue.

It's not impossible to fly a plane without a cockpit. R/C flyers do it all the time, they are flying an airplane outside of the airplane. And real aircraft have been converted into drones as well.

The Radioplane OQ-2 used during WWII is a good example of a drone airplane used for target practice. 15,000 were made for the US Army back in WWII.

At Chino Planes of Fame, they have a QF-100, a pilotless drone F-100 that was programed by computers to fly, and during takeoff and (if it survived) landing, it was controlled by R/C operators at the end of the runway.

IMG_1620.jpg

The P40 has actually caused chaos over at the beta forums. People have started calling other people names and other things that are unacceptable. Even simple questions as "When is the next deluxe aircraft?" have caused people to have a massive argument. I do not want to point out names, but there is one person name Emmeth over at the forums is trying to persuade people from getting away from Flight. How is he doing it? Saying that Flight is massive crap and saying that there will never be any new deluxe aircraft for Flight. Of course, we all know this is not true.

Like a few people over here have said before, these aircraft have been planned before the release of Flight. Patience and Optimism are key here.

Also, talking about weather themes have caused it to be deleted and a new one started. I was like "#####???" How does a simple talk about weather themes cause it to be deleted? Turns out it was Emmeth again. It seems like to me he just looks at screenshots and videos and says it is crap. How do I know this? Because during the beginning days of Flight, people only posted using the "Fair Weather" theme. No way to confirm why his actions are like that though.

If I'm right, Delafina probably banned this person from posting on the forums. Good thing to do so, because he is totally Anti-Flight.

Just to summarize, Flight is a sim that requires patience and optimism. Being that negative towards Flight has no effect, especially if the majority of the people using Flight actually like it.

We are talking about the p40 and the zero - which are the ms releases. Those planes are originally made with a cockpit - . Yes - planes can fly radiocontrolled - problem is MS believe that every plane is Radiocontrolled !!

Guest Antlab

It's not impossible to fly a plane without a cockpit. R/C flyers do it all the time, they are flying an airplane outside of the airplane. And real aircraft have been converted into drones as well.

The strange thing about Flight is that some people, to defend it, arrive to make strange comparisons. Before Flight, it was clear if a program wanted to simulate real aircraft or R/C planes (e.g. Aerofly has a very nice R/C simulator).

Now instead for some it is all mixed, obviously to justify some lacking elements, as cockpits.

For me this is not a problem, I accept also that people have fun by flying paper planes, but clearly the sudden change from the leader sim in the market, with 30 year of spectacular history, to this strange hybrid, undecided also on what it really simulates, has been schocking for many :smile:

A.

leader sim in the market, with 30 year of spectacular history,

The simulation market is puny compared to the rest of the gaming world. I believe MS did the right move by entering MS Flight into a new market. 3rd party vendors were probably making more money off of the FSX code than MS sold FS for. So, I'm guessing that's why MS sold the code to Lockheed and ventured into this new territory. Good for them. But I find it sad that people like to tell MS what to do with themselves or how to build a simulator. This is akin to an "armchair quarterback."

Just to summarize, Flight is a sim that requires patience and optimism. Being that negative towards Flight has no effect, especially if the majority of the people using Flight actually like it.
Being negative or positive or giving constructive criticism, it makes no difference. Sales are what will guide future path of Flight, and if war planes with no VC sell good enough then MS will go and make more of them no matter what some people at forums say.

Being negative or positive or giving constructive criticism, it makes no difference. Sales are what will guide future path of Flight, and if war planes with no VC sell good enough then MS will go and make more of them no matter what some people at forums say.

Very true !

but if that is the case - lots of the original posters at the Official flight forum are very likely gamers and that is how they like it:

https://news.microsoftflight.com/blogs/news/archive/2012/04/25/now-available-the-p-40.aspx

Guest Antlab

Very true !

but if that is the case - lots of the original posters at the Official flight forum are very likely gamers and that is how they like it:

https://news.microso...e-the-p-40.aspx

It's really difficult to collect so many negative comments. Probably only our Italian politicians are capable of similar brilliant results Big%20Grin.gif

A.

it was clear if a program wanted to simulate real aircraft or R/C planes

uh oh, I feel a Heinrich Dorfmann urge about model aeroplanes in "Flight of the Phoenix"

:LMAO:

Just got it, really enjoying the model and the physics :-)

Will try to do some Challenges with it during this weekend !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just got it, really enjoying the model and the physics :-)

Will try to do some Challenges with it during this weekend !!!!

Me too, got it for free for guessing the plane.