Sign in to follow this  
Randy Novak

Throttle/Joystick Problem.

Hey Everyone...

I seem to be having a throttle/joystic issue. I use the sidewinder 2 inside of P3D. The throttle control ''works'', but wont go to full power and will not go to zero power. It kinda stops before each. Now, I know I can use F1 and F4 for this, but has anyone else run into this issue and found a way to make it work? I've tried the null zone settings and still don't get any change.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I had controller issues with P3D, I found that if I use FSUIPC to control my Yoke, Throttle Quad and Rudder Pedals and removed these control settings from P3D everything works just fine.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mel; my quirk is different. Anytime I load P3D the throttles run up to full power (without me moving anything on my CH quadrant). I have Saved my default flight meticulously but with engines running.

I have never tried setting up and calibrating with FSUIPC as it looks very daunting to me. But maybe after 20yrs of simming I'd better learn.

I've seen this very problem, though maybe only in FSX?

In FSX there is a simple and a complex setup dialog for the stick - you would think the complex would override the simple ... but no.

I had to use the simple dialog to set the throttle sensitivity, and then the complex dialog to complete it.

Apologies if this is a bit vague, I'm not on the games machine to check, but it might set you on the right path.

Cheers

Keith

Yea I had the same problem and used FSUIPC as well for all of my axis controls

Tyson Rose

Hi Randy,

please open the file "standard.xml" and scroll down to your FF2 throttle axis. Ther change < AxNull >1< /AxNull > to < AxNull >0< /AxNull >

greetings, Peter

Hi Randy,

please open the file "standard.xml" and scroll down to your FF2 throttle axis. Ther change < AxNull >1< /AxNull > to < AxNull >0< /AxNull >

greetings, Peter

HI Randy,

Where is this file located please?

Paul

found it!

OS Standard.xml location XP C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\ Vista C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\

Paul

Randy,

If none of the above solutions work (and I think they will), then "undercalibrate" the throttle. When you go through the calibration of the controller and it says to move the throttle through the full axis range, move it just a bit short of full range in both directions.

Just a quick note to say that in my case the problem was that P3D had simply not assigned a joystick axis to the throttle control. So don't forget to check that first :)

After that I reset all P3D control settings and changes to Standard.xml. Only thing I did not roll back was FSUPIC.