Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

Google G Drive

I guess I'll start another thread because the other one was locked for some reason.

I can't find if you can transfer files directly from gmail to the g drive. It would be nice to do this so you don't have to download a file to your phone then upload it to G drive?

Yeah, sorry about that it was my fault for getting that thread locked. I said something that I can now see could have been taken a totally different way than it was meant. So just to repost the pertinant facts.

You can get GDrive - 5GB.

you can also get Microsofts SkyDrive - 7GB and now for a limited time they are offering a free upgrade to 25GB

And then there is Dropbox with 2GB.

so lot of storage options and I think a great use for the space is to backup your purchased downloads so they are in a safe place should you need them in the future.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

yeah sorry, I had to lock the other one, it was getting out of hand it wasn't just you. :)

A BIG perk for me was that I had purchased 80GB a year for $20/year, late in 2011. As a result, my account has been grandfathered in, so I have my 80GB plus the 7GB google gives you for free for gmail. WAY MORE then I was getting with dropbox. Plus, if you turn on two-step authentication with google accounts, and put the app on your android phone, in addition to typing in my password, someone would need to have MY phone with the authenticated app, which generates a new random code every 60 seconds. Without that, they are not getting in. :) For me that is all a win win.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

I just got the email and started my account.

It's nice how it included all my google docs and pdfs I had stored over there. For work most of the pilots still use dropbox though and we share each others gouges on airports and airspace changes we find. Dropbox gives you an extra 500 MB for every person you recommend though so my dropbox is fairly big now. Last I checked I think it was 7 GB.

so lot of storage options and I think a great use for the space is to backup your purchased downloads so they are in a safe place should you need them in the future.

Ohh GREAT IDEA!!!!! I didn't think of that.

spacer.png

Last January I leased 100GB of online file storage for five years at a modest $1.39/month from GoDaddy.com. That's only $83.40 for 5 years, and it is available to me 24/7/365 from any internet connected device.

Better still, I can make any single file "sharable" via an encrypted link, password-protected link, or any group of folders/files via ftp should I wish to do so.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Last January I leased 100GB of online file storage for five years at a modest $1.39/month from GoDaddy.com. That's only $83.40 for 5 years, and it is available to me 24/7/365 from any internet connected device.

Better still, I can make any single file "sharable" via an encrypted link, password-protected link, or any group of folders/files via ftp should I wish to do so.

That's nice.

I'm still using 5GB of Dropbox...is it worth switching to G Drive?

Danny

host gator I use an FTP or webserver and it is unlimited data and transfers for $7 a month. The dropboxes and G drives are nice because files can be available without an internet connection.