Sign in to follow this  
costanzo_roberto

Problem Engine start Sequenze

Hi,

Today or simulated an error, not inserted correctly, the APU Bleed, and I by calling (START SEQUENCE IS 2 THEN 1 ), Pushback I did while I was on the call (ENGINE START 2).

Fs2crew I told the Voice that he could not do (ENGINE START 2).

I put in the APU BLEED Correct way to slice a procedure ENGINE START, I did call the sequence (START ENGINE 2), in Muenu Bar of the Fs2crew, appeared the call to the correct account, but did not perform the procedure Fs2crew Start of Engine2, but has successfully executed the correct procedure (ENGINE START 1).

Why not start Fs2crew ENGINE START 2 with APU BLEED exactly?

Clearly not the ending sequence (START ENGINE) Fs2crew did not continue in the CECK-LIST, remaining locked in the sequence of START ENGINE.

Have a Good Day,

Roberto.

Have I caused error (APU Bleed Air = Off)

1- Apu Start = On

2- Apu Bleed Air = Off

3- Call Start Engine 2

4- Fs2crew Voice Message ( no possible Start Engine 2 )

5- Apu Bleed Air =On ( Pressure Start Engine Ok )

6- Call Start Engine 2 ( The Sequenze non Start )

7- Call Start Engine 1 ( The Sequenze Start and Finish )

Fs2crew non a New Step -Taxi- ReMain to Start Engine Sequenze, non message to error.

Have Nice Day,

Roberto.

I think he's trying to say the following, and this happened to me last night too.

1) I turned on APU 5 mins prior to pushing, but forgot to put the APU bleeds on.

2) I announced start sequence is 2 then 1

3) When pushing (with GSX), I commanded start engine 2, but the FO replied that we're not properly configured for engine start

4) I manually put the APU bleeds on, recommanded start engine 2, but nothing happened. I had to start engine 2 myself. The FO DID NOT call the starter cutout after the engine started.

5) After engine 2 was started, I commanded start engine 1, and the FO did put the engine 1 switch to GRD. When engine 1 was started, the FO DID call starter cutout

6) However, he did not perform the after starting flow (putting the generators on, shutting down apu, etc), since I think he assumed still only one engine was running. I had to perform these actions myself then, before moving on to the Set Flaps flow.

Is it that what you are trying to describe, Roberto ?

Bryan, is this a known issue, and is there a resolution ?

Thanks

Mathieu Souphy

Bryan, I'm not at home right now but it's 1.3 I'm 100% positive.

I bought and downloaded it very recently (just checked email, I placed the order on 23/04), so the download from the official location was definitely 1.3.

I never received any SDK errors.

Everything else works just fine, it's just that I ran into this little problem on two or three occasions. Again, it only occurs when I forget to turn on the APU bleed prior to asking the FO to start the engines.

Mathieu Souphy

I have noticed the same problem.

Start engine #2 does not work.

Start engine #1 works fine.

Seems to happen if I forget to put APU bleed on.

Using version 1.3 of FS2crew voice. And no other problems.

/Curt

Curt Söderberg
Märsta, Sweden (ESSA/ARN)

If the Power source is set to "APU", the Apu bleed should be placed on by the FO.

When you call for the "Before Start Procedure" (you're not forgetting that, right?), make sure the APU bleed is on.

Cheers,

I try to simulate the fact that most airports only allow APU startup a few minutes before push.

So I start the preflight with EXT/AC setup in the config.

Then, about 5 mins prior to push, I manually start the APU (or give the FO the command to start it), and put it on the bus. I then perform the before start procedure.

But doing this, sometimes I forget to put the APU bleeds on, and then the aforementioned problem occurs...

When performing this procedure, after turning on the APU, should I go back to the CFG panel and change the power source to APU only ?

Mathieu Souphy

The Power source should automatically change back to APU if you manually turned on the APU.

The problem is that you just forgot to turn on the APU bleed after manually turning it on.

Solution is simply not to forget the APU bleed if you manually turn the APU on.

Cheers,

Bryan,

obviously, I'm trying not to forget it :)

But we are all humans, and maybe, for any possible future updates, it would be desirable that, after you say "start engine 2" and the FO replies "we are not properly configured", you put the bleeds on yourself and then are able to say "start engine 2" again and the FO then actually does the start sequence.

Cause right now, you just get kinda stuck.

It's no biggie, and yes one should not forget to turn the bleeds on, but it would ease the pain if the FO could continue after manually correcting the issue.

Mathieu

Mathieu Souphy

Bryan,

obviously, I'm trying not to forget it :)

But we are all humans, and maybe, for any possible future updates, it would be desirable that, after you say "start engine 2" and the FO replies "we are not properly configured", you put the bleeds on yourself and then are able to say "start engine 2" again and the FO then actually does the start sequence.

Cause right now, you just get kinda stuck.

It's no biggie, and yes one should not forget to turn the bleeds on, but it would ease the pain if the FO could continue after manually correcting the issue.

Mathieu

Had the same problem too. Forgot to put the APU bleed and just started the engines myself no big deal but after the config is corrected it would be nice to have the FO do his job :biggrin: