Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

V1 Call outs?

I know this has come up before, but a search draws a blank...

Twin V1 call outs - what's the cause and fix?

thanks

Turn one of them off via the FMC Options menu.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The cause is the sim simulating airline SOPs of having the FO call V1, and the plane calls it out. It's normal to hear it like that, depending on the carrier and their SOP.

To adjust them, you go to the same place you adjust everything else, as mentioned above.

Kyle Rodgers

Yep, I think you can adjust both of them, if I remember right.. I've been using both of mine..

The F/O call out is 5 knots before the actual calculated V1. Some airlines do that to account

for the slight delay in reacting to the call. Could be an issue on shorter runways..

The F/O call out has a voice more like a real person, vs the typical "Boeing" voice

that the second one from the plane itself uses.

The second one with the Boeing voice is exactly at V1.

Worth noting: Should you be using FS2Crew, it also calls out Vspeeds. In some cases, it is thus possible to get up to three V1 calls. This is not a bug per se, but a combination of features of two add-ons. Bryan recommends turning the PMDG callout off, but I can only recommend this, if you are are flying with FS2crew exclusively.

I use FS2Crew and it only calls out VR while I have the aircraft call V1 (PMDG simulated FO is off).

Worth noting: Should you be using FS2Crew, it also calls out Vspeeds. In some cases, it is thus possible to get up to three V1 calls.

One also can get another person to sit near computer and make callouts. This way one will have four callouts :D.

One also can get another person to sit near computer and make callouts. This way one will have four callouts :D.

Not sure if I should take offense to your username or not...

Too many voices. I'd rather just hear my inner voice and the FO's voice. Add two more voices and that is rather insane...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg