Sign in to follow this  
cthiggin

P3D & the new My Traffic for P3D - Anyone using?

Hello folks,

With FSX I UT2 and from all I read, it's not compatible with P3D. It's a 2007 version so I do need to upgrade.

I've read that My Traffic is ready for FSX and P3D - however, I've also read that the product absolutely kills frame rates, even with sliders set to 0 in P3D.

Anyone have any experience using this product?

Thanks and have a blessed one.

cthiggin

I use the My Traffic 5.4a with the P3D installer.

It runs without problem. Stage 1, install. Stage 2 follow the instructions and use the MT Configurator to add My Traffic to the P3 cfg file,

Then start the sim, go to Scenery Library and Add the My Traffic folder from within the P3D folder list (it is not in the Add-on Scenery folder)

Once it appears at the top of the scenery library list move it right down the priority list to Propellor Objects - above or below doesn't seem to matter. Others have reported that if it is left at the top of the list some funny things happen at airports (as if they don't already).

Ian,

Thanks so very much for your input..........sure helps me make the "right" decision.

I have a pretty good pc setup and was able to run traffic settings at about 50% in fsx without major frame loss.

Do you find that My Traffic (which I've never used) runs pretty well in P3D without major frame loss?

Thanks again and have a blessed one.

cthiggin

I use MTX 5.4a with P3D and it works just fine. I don't really notice any FPS loss of significance but you should expect some minor loss just due to the number of aircraft, scheduling etc.

You might talk with Burkhard (the author of MTX) over on his forum;

http://forum.simflig...c-for-prepar3d/

I am pretty sure that UT2 does work in P3D.

Just do as Ian says above and MTX will work fine in P3D.

jfail,

Thanks so much for your information.

I searched hi & low for info on how to make UT2 work since I already have it. Most of what I found and these were pretty current posts, is that UT2 does not work properly in P3D.

Have a blessed one.

cthiggin

Great pack - I bought the FSX->P3D licence the other day and just waiting now for the FSX->P3D convertor for 5.4a to be available for download on SimMarket.

rabid,

Let me know how it goes. Thanks

cthiggin

I have just checked and the 5.4a converter has finally been loaded up to SimMarket.

Just download the "MyTraffic_3D_54_from_FSX.zip".

I've had no problems running 5.4a for P3D - Burkhard was kind enough to send it to me last week so i didn't have to wait for it to be uploaded to SimMarket since I'd already paid for it.

Frame rates are good, plenty of traffic showing up. I did pick up one tip from Burkhard's forum here http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71488-if-you-see-no-vfr-ai-traffic-in-prepar3d/ though, and I must say it did make a big difference to the amount of GA traffic.

Cheers

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hello folks,

D/L'd My Traffic and installed by the numbers, following this thread as well as reading the installation procedures. The install went fine, and in the Configurator I had it prepare the p3d.config and saved. Opened P3D, went to and added the My Traffic folder to Scenery Library, and finally moved the My Traffic down to just above "propellers" in priority. Shut down P3D, restarted pc, fired up P3D, traffic set to 50% and NOTHING. NO AI period - this was in Atlanta where traffic is always heavy. After going back to my instructions and assuring myself that I had not missed something, I looked very closely at the p3d config file. I can find NOTHING in there that refers to My Traffic - no entry that the My Traffic Contigurator would have written to it. Me "thinks" this may be the problem.

Your help and advice would be highly appreciated.

Have a blessed one. cthiggin

Just a thought but try editing the prepar3d.cfg manually to add the simobjects path if Mytraffic Communicator is not saving the changes.

Dave.

rabid,

Since I don't have the "line" entered in prepar3d.cfg, "what should it read" so I can manually enter it...............I really feel you're spot on that the MyTraffic Communicator did not enter/or/save the changes.

jfail, good reading. I changed the line to read 0 instead of all of the numbers. Once I'm up and running, I check it out and make sure it's working with that mode of traffic.

Thanks so very very much gentlemen and have a blessed day.

cthiggin

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible

SimObjectPaths.7=MyTraffic\Aircraft

rabid,

Thanks so much - that did the trick and all is well. Have a blessed one. cthiggin