Sign in to follow this  
qwseyvnd

Putting the traffic in the X-plane 10

Hi all folks. In the X-plane 10, how can I make an AI flightplan and then putting in the simulator?

Hello!

We're not there yet!!!!! I cannot wait until this becomes a reality in X-Plane. My understanding is that there are some third party developers working on something but I'm not sure which program or how this would work. I know that Austin and friends continue to work on refining the ATC engine, which in my opinion is a fundamental part of a decently working AI world. I think that once Austin gets the ATC engine working decently and a company like Aerosoft or Flight-1 gives us something such as Traffic-X or Ultimate Traffic, or Project AI, we'll be in good shape - in my opinion this is the fundamental piece missing from X-Plane - real traffic at airports. I had to turn off AI's in XPX due to perfromance hit but also because of 747's and such at small airports whcih kills the realism. Sceneries are starting to trickle down and will be more frequent as time evolves and airpplane addons are getting there. I'd like to see what XPX will be like in a year!!!!!

Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I read somewhere, that there are plans for some sort of traffic program simular to My Traffic for XP being planned. However, until then we have to make due with what we have.

There are frame rate friendly AI aircraft available from the .org site which I have downloaded and installed into XPX. Then go to "Aircraft situations" (I think thats whats it called) and select those frame rate friendly planes as your AI. You can have up to 20 different models.

If your a GA flier and dont care about large airports and dont want 747's trying to land at dirt strips, Select only GA planes as your AI. If you like airliners, then you can select 737's and 767's etc as your ai. If you mix them up, you may have a large plane at a small airport or a piper cub parked at the gate of a large airport.

Also, you will want to pick liverys for the ai planes which match the aiports you frequent the most. So for example, you dont want a luftansa 737 at LAX, then pick the AA livery for it.

Its not the best way right now, but until a traffic utility comes out for XP, its a way to work around it.

Rob

The AI traffic system that XP10 uses is probably the reason why I don't use it more often. 747's at Grand Canyon airport just doesn't work. Like Rob said, there is a work around but it's not the best alternative. I do believe that at some point, a third party developer will come up with a program to take care of this. Hopefully, it's soon.

NAX669.png

It is really the only thing holding me back from 100% satisfaction as well, plus proper AI usually comes with proper airliner parking at most airports. Personally I always thought Buckhard should've always charged more for mytraffic in fsx, I mean you have airplane paints, gate parking at every single airport that I came across, and then the code to get it to work, which I imagine was the easy part in FSX. I assume that the other titles in FSX worked mostly the same though.

Tyson Rose

Something to keep an eye on.

Air Traffic for X-Plane

Features

• Flight plans can be created specifying departure airport, arrival airport, and waypoints along the way. The flight plan will include a list of aircraft in the flight and formation type which can change between waypoints. Aircraft altitudes can be specified in ASL or AGL, the latter being used for low level terrain-following flights. Flight plans can have a start time so aircraft start at the correct times or they can be random so they will activate at any random time.
  • Routes are generated from the flight plans to fly aircraft towards the active runway at the destination. Arrivals can be straight in or overhead breaks for military aircraft.
  • Ground routes can be defined specific to aircraft types. An appropriate ground route will be loaded so that airliners will taxi to or from jetways and fighter aircraft will taxi to or from hangars or other parking spots.
  • Objects are used for aircraft instead of the X-Plane multiplayer aircraft so there is no limit to the number of planes that can be in the air. Francesco of Aircraft3D will be building a whole suite of aircraft for this application.
  • Some randomness is built in aircraft flight paths so as you'll see in the video, the aircraft bob around a bit in the formation.

http://www.classicjetsims.com/AirTraffic.html

Ai comes up in this thread

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/community/rc-sims-reports-on-x-plane-devcon-r184

Using the existing Ai system, you can get nice results and good frame rates if you use frame rate friendly AI, as I illustrated above,

Here are some shots at KSFO. The problem of course, is that If I go to another airport in Europe, Ill have the same US airliners at that airport. Also any small airport will have these big jets at them. I love watching ai traffic, and miss something like MY traffic, so Im looking forward to whatever comes out to rectify this, but for now, you can get a nice amount of air traffic to show up, even if its only 20 different planes. In these shots, Ive only set 10 Ai planes.

Rob

Car_Seneca_26.png

Car_Seneca_19-1.png

Yea I thought I could skimp by on 20 as well, but my dissatisfaction and ultimate removal of AI occurred when I loaded up a flight at PAJN (Juneau, Alaska). I had no flight plan I just wanted to fly around... First off about 8 planes "spawned" right on top of me because there was nowhere else on the airport for them to start, second there was about a 1500 ft icing ceiling that I had to VFR under and I was just doing my thing next thing I know, this 747 comes from absolutely nowhere and buzzes about 500 ft in front of me at about 1200ft, like 20 miles from the airport... I later learned that the default aircraft I guess somehow follow you, or your flightplan.... All I know is I turned xplane off for about 2 weeks after that, and next time I loaded it up I turned off all AI.

But those were great links you added, definitely will keep my ear out on that.

Tyson Rose