Sign in to follow this  
out

Ground blurries UTE and landclass

Oh, das ist interessant. Danke Freund, ich werde viel Spaß beim Lesen sehr viel! Ich bin nicht fließend Deutsch, aber ich verstehe viel von ihm. Ich sollte in der Lage, es mit der gelegentlichen Hilfe eines Übersetzers zu vervollständigen, und ich bin durch Ihre freundliche Geste geschmeichelt. :smile:

Thank you friend for the .pdf. It will be an interesting read I am sure! I am amazed at the dedication that some have towards this wonderful hobby. All these folks who work so hard for little or no money to make great addons and those who help fellow simmers with their graphic and technical issues. I have nothing but respect for these folks. To all of you guys, Cheers!

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W

Joeyboots, vielen Dank für Ihre herzlichen Worte!

And "Gute Nacht", as in Germany a new day has just begun.

Ihr Harald Geyer

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Any more luck here Rafal and Phlux in trying to sort out your blurriness issues?

I've been away from the forums a bit lately with work and hopping for a new car. Hoping to get one soon.

Later guys

Paul.

Any more luck here Rafal and Phlux in trying to sort out your blurriness issues?

Paul, I have all the time been experimenting with all possible solutions.

The last step I took was uninstalling UTE and installing it again but this time with applying the 'landclass sandwich'.

Additionally I have set the 'visibility limits' at FSUIPC, cleaned my HD of unnecessary stuff and did a full defrag.

My impression is things have improved, but I need one or two full flights to confirm.

Will let you all know, of course.

And good luck with your new car, mate! ids_emoticon_car.gif

Thanks man - will let you know how that goes :)

Going in Tuesday for another test drive and if still liking it I will have them run the numbers and see how we do. 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL

I know this insn't the forum for this but has anyone else had one and/or know about them?

Paul.

So, gentlemen, after many days of a rather unsuccessful fight with the blurry ground, I have finally come to a satisfying result. :good:

Here you can see my current ground as I was leaving Berlin Tegel (RWY08R RAKIT1T departure) for a flight to Helsinki Vantaa (AS A320 FIN918) tonight:

berlinasa320.jpg

Looks much better than all my previous screenshots, doesn't it? :smile:

Now of course I owe you all an answer to the major question which is 'What appeared to be the culprit?'.

Well, the problem is... I don't know! :blush: I have applied all possible tweaks and cures except for reinstalling the sim itself.

Sure, I do know the golden rule of a forensic simmer: remove one suspicious element, load a flight and check if it changed anything.

But to be honest, I do not have enough spare time to follow this anyway very smart route of analysis. So after more than a few unsuccessul changes I have applied many in one evening.

I have just finished my flight and I can say it finally is much better. No, it is not perfect, sometimes there are blurries or jaggy roads here and there.

But it may be due to the fact that look down my plane waaaay too often (sometimes I ask myself this question: are you a pilot or a spotter in this flight?).

Plus with all those great looking addons made in recent years, we tend to forget the FS9 engine, including its ground, was made a long time ago, even if covered by GE (Pro).

So, in case anyone is curious, the main things I applied withing the last 24 hours were:

- changing only those FS9.cfg values which have been confirmed as the best ones in more than one solid thread *

- reviewing and reapplying NVIDIA inspector settings (I generally used Word Not Allowed's advice) **

- complete uninstalling and reistalling Ultimate Terrain Europe, including the landclass sandwich patch

- cleaning my PC of dust inside

- removing all spare stuff from my HD to give it a lot of free space (around 40-50% now)

- thourough defragmentation of both partitions of my HD (I use the freeware Smart Defrag)

- applying visibility limits and gradual changes within FSUIPC (latest version, registered)

* Here are excerpts from my current FS9.cfg:

[GRAPHICS]

FULL_SCREEN=1

PERFORMANCE_MODE=0

DEF_PERF_MODE=6

TEXT_SCROLL=1

AUTO_LOD=1

DETAIL_TEXTURE=2

WATER_EFFECTS=1

TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_MAP=1

TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=1

SMOOTH_VIEW=1

IMAGE_SMOOTHING=1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

TEXTURE_BLDG=3

TEXTURE_GND=5

TEXTURE_WATER=1

AIRCRAFT_TEXTURE=1

SEE_SELF=1

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

LOD_TARGET_FPS=21

NUM_LIGHTS=8

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

TableFog=0

TriLinear=1

[DISPLAY]

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

TextureMaxLoad=30

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.3

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.3

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.3

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.3

WarnBadSecondary=0

[TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000

TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000

TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000

TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21

TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8

TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5

TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1

TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4.000000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3.00000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1

[sCENERY]

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

DYNAMIC_SCENERY=1

DYN_SCN_DENSITY=5

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

SUNGLARE=1

LENSFLARE=0

**Here is my current NVIDIA Inspector FS9 profile:

nvdinsfin.jpg

Nice Rafal. Much better then before indeed.

May i ask what road texture you are using? they actually look like roads. :)

Paul

what road texture you are using?

I use a few ground objects/textures improvements, some free and paid, with the latter including GE Pro II, UTE and REX.

So it is sometimes hard not to get lost on which improved which, lol, but I would say these are the UTE roads.

So, gentlemen, after many days of a rather unsuccessful fight with the blurry ground, I have finally come to a satisfying result. :good:

Here you can see my current ground as I was leaving Berlin Tegel (RWY08R RAKIT1T departure) for a flight to Helsinki Vantaa (AS A320 FIN918) tonight:

berlinasa320.jpg

Looks much better than all my previous screenshots, doesn't it? :smile:

Now of course I owe you all an answer to the major question which is 'What appeared to be the culprit?'.

Well, the problem is... I don't know! :blush: I have applied all possible tweaks and cures except for reinstalling the sim itself.

Sure, I do know the golden rule of a forensic simmer: remove one suspicious element, load a flight and check if it changed anything.

But to be honest, I do not have enough spare time to follow this anyway very smart route of analysis. So after more than a few unsuccessul changes I have applied many in one evening.

I have just finished my flight and I can say it finally is much better. No, it is not perfect, sometimes there are blurries or jaggy roads here and there.

But it may be due to the fact that look down my plane waaaay too often (sometimes I ask myself this question: are you a pilot or a spotter in this flight?).

Plus with all those great looking addons made in recent years, we tend to forget the FS9 engine, including its ground, was made a long time ago, even if covered by GE (Pro).

So, in case anyone is curious, the main things I applied withing the last 24 hours were:

- changing only those FS9.cfg values which have been confirmed as the best ones in more than one solid thread *

- reviewing and reapplying NVIDIA inspector settings (I generally used Word Not Allowed's advice) **

- complete uninstalling and reistalling Ultimate Terrain Europe, including the landclass sandwich patch

- cleaning my PC of dust inside

- removing all spare stuff from my HD to give it a lot of free space (around 40-50% now)

- thourough defragmentation of both partitions of my HD (I use the freeware Smart Defrag)

- applying visibility limits and gradual changes within FSUIPC (latest version, registered)

* Here are excerpts from my current FS9.cfg:

[GRAPHICS]

FULL_SCREEN=1

PERFORMANCE_MODE=0

DEF_PERF_MODE=6

TEXT_SCROLL=1

AUTO_LOD=1

DETAIL_TEXTURE=2

WATER_EFFECTS=1

TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_MAP=1

TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=1

SMOOTH_VIEW=1

IMAGE_SMOOTHING=1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

TEXTURE_BLDG=3

TEXTURE_GND=5

TEXTURE_WATER=1

AIRCRAFT_TEXTURE=1

SEE_SELF=1

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

LOD_TARGET_FPS=21

NUM_LIGHTS=8

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

TableFog=0

TriLinear=1

[DISPLAY]

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

TextureMaxLoad=30

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.3

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.3

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.3

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.3

WarnBadSecondary=0

[TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000

TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000

TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000

TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21

TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8

TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5

TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1

TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4.000000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3.00000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1

[sCENERY]

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

DYNAMIC_SCENERY=1

DYN_SCN_DENSITY=5

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

SUNGLARE=1

LENSFLARE=0

**Here is my current NVIDIA Inspector FS9 profile:

nvdinsfin.jpg

I like yourself have tried to eliminate the blurries and have copied your configurations, both fs9config and nvidia inspector, alas, they still remain although not as bad as before.

I believe we are probably looking for the "Holy Grail" as regards to having sharp textures way into the distance.

However one good thing came out of this thread and that is the two airports you mentioned - Berlin Tegal and Helsinki Vantaa. I have them both installed now thanks to your mention.

Cheers

Barry

That screenshot looks superb Rafal! Now that's what FS9 should look like!

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W