Sign in to follow this  
avrbifly

pushback

2 issues:

Want to limit the pushback distance before the 90 degree turn. When I decrease the distance number to what I want, it performs that, but then after the 90 degree turn keeps pushing for what seems like forever...

after pushing last night and setting the parking brake, I could not get it to show released even though it was in the released position. After starting the pmdg ngx pushback, it released.

Other than that, great so far.

RIch

ATP CFII

Hm, for me NGX pushback never forked right and I always ended somewhere in the middle of apron, parking, etc, I have solved this with GSX, it's expensive but works great with all airports and always performs perfect push, you just need to specify pushback direction, nothing else!

Bryan, from what I read about GSX it can be controlled via simconnect, would that be possible to integrate it's pusgback with fs2crew somehow?

I don't have the GSX as yet-----something to be bought shortly-----and just use the FSX pushback. I set the distance to around 64, at 90 degrees,and I do get that distance but not quite a 90 degree turn. Only issue I have is that even after the tug crew advice 'Push completed.....brakes', the 737NGX still keeps moving backwards. I then have to hit Shift+P quite hard to stop it.

Hello Bryan

Happens every single time. But I am not sure if it is an FS2Crew thing, because it also happens to my other non-FS2Crew aircraft. So, it might be something that FSX has thrown up. I have not really bothered to do anything about it because I just use the Shift+P to bring my pushback to a stop.

But, all said and done, it is quite prevalent in every single 737NGX FS2'd pushback.

Hmmmm, what other pushback programs are you using?

Does it happen when you use the NGX's built in pushback?

No other pushback programs other than the generic FSX.

Not tried this particular scenario with PMDG's built-in pushback as I have always been using the FS2 version since I first bought your product. But as it's food for thought, will try and get get back with the PMDG version feedback.

Ok, Bryan. Feedback time.

Just tried the 737NGX using the built-in pushback. Other than the 90-degrees taking place on the grass rather than on the tarmac, which may mean I need to cut down the straight length, upon the tug pulling off, it stopped.

I'll now try this again with your Button version later and get back to you.

Me thinks somewhere along the line, with the default FSX pushback something got screwed up. I'll monitor it much more thoroughly and come back to you.

I have experienced that never ending push only once, and it happened with GSX pushback. Of course FS2Crew was running at that time, but I didn't use it's pushback, I'm 100% sure of that.

Okay, Bryan

This game gets more and more silly at times.

• PMDG in-built pushback, stops as soon as tug clears. No further rolling back
  • FS2Crew pushback, stops as soon as tug clears. Again, no further rolling back

What happened to the other times when the tug pulled away and it still kept pushing back, I have not the foggiest.

Suffice to say, your program is running as per design envelope.

Okay, Bryan

This game gets more and more silly at times.

• PMDG in-built pushback, stops as soon as tug clears. No further rolling back
  • FS2Crew pushback, stops as soon as tug clears. Again, no further rolling back

What happened to the other times when the tug pulled away and it still kept pushing back, I have not the foggiest.

Suffice to say, your program is running as per design envelope.

Maybe the gramp guy was practicing for the Strongman competition LOL. Glad you got it fixed.

Hi Bryan,

Sorry to have to bring this up again, but I currently use the button version, all updated of course, and continue to have this problem in FS2Crew while performing the built in FS2Crew pushback.

I pretty much purchased the NGX FS2Crew when it was released and hence have always updated it as and when a new update came out. If I can remember, this started happening somewhere along the way during the updates. I'm just really over this whole long pushback thing now, so I'll be trying the PMDG built in pushback to see if that works. Basically, here is my problem and yes, it happenes everytime.

When I do a pushback with FS2Crew, even when selecting a shorter distance, the push seems to go forever before it does eventually stop. The other thing that I would like it to do properly is reduce the size of the circle when pushing 90 degrees, either left or right. The radius of the push circle is far to large so we need to find out how the plane can turn quicker.

I hope that all makes sence and as mentioned, I plan to do a flight for my VA today so will check if the same thing happenes with the PMDG pushback.

Regards,

Hi Steve,

I'm not really sure why that's happening in your case... I've done hundreds of pushbacks with no problem.

Are you running any other programs int he background that may send a SHIFT P or pushback command to the sim?

Just hit Shift P to stop the pushback.

As for making the plane turn quicker: I hear you... but that one is out of my hands. Microsoft FSX controls that. I can't change it.. wish I could.