Sign in to follow this  
oskrypuch

Greeting

I'm really getting into this program, it is quite good, although it will really spoil me for when I have to fly "alone".

I'm surprised that there isn't a greeting exchanged between the Cap & FO, something like Good day, How are you today, that sort of thing. Would really personalize it a bit.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

They will have done the social chit-chat bit in the crew room when getting all the paraphernalia for the flight like weather reports etc.

It used to be there in quite a few FS2Crew versions before. Especially the very first Level-D 767 button edition had a whole slew of recorded dialogues between the PF and the FO where they used to talk about family, kids and salary issues.......The current Level-D 767 voice version starts with: "Hi Captain, how are you today?" and you'll respond: "Any snags with the plane?"

My guess is that, following the program evolution they realized it wasn't a feature that users really required/needed and the focus has shifted more onto the real core features like FO's flows and ability to carry actions and given commands. Again, keep in mind this is just my opinion and I'm sure Brian will certainly tell more about it.

Cheers

Will

William M.

Banner_FS2Crew_Instructor.jpg

Well, prioritizing the flows and core actions and commands is certainly a good idea and more important, but I want it all. (wink)

I did look at FS2Crew in the 767 release, but found it too linear and restrictive. It truly has evolved, and I am really loving the NGX release. The voice facility really makes this work well.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

I did look at FS2Crew in the 767 release, but found it too linear and restrictive. It truly has evolved, and I am really loving the NGX release. The voice facility really makes this work well.

Button control is restrictive by nature (it's linear), but Voice Control for the 767 is like voice control for the NGX... much more free flowing.

Well, I may have another look at it, but frankly I'm flying the NGX most of the time these days.

Now, if the 777 appears ....

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com