Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

Pop up using Android phones

didn't know where else to put this so I'm posting out here. Mods move of you want.

Every time I browse avsim forums with my Android phone I get a pop up telling me to buy an Android app called Forum Runner to 'browse the forums easier'

I want to petition to have this pop up removed. No matter how many times I hit cancel it always pops up. The app itself is total garbage. I tried the demo and it doesn't log you in correctly, it times out constantly, and unless you PAY for the full version you CANNOT REPLY to threads!

I come to avsim for aviation not be hassled with unwanted advertising.

Thanks for reading.

hmmmm what browser app are you using from Android? I use dolphin HD Pro and I don't get that popup at all. On an HTC Inspire on ATT network. (But I think only the browser matters here.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

I also use Dolphin HD on a Desire HD and I don't have that popup at all... I do visit the desktop site ('full version') on my mobile: I never really like mobile versions of sites.

I get the pop up using dolphin HD (free) or the default android web browser.

I'm using an LG Optimus One on the Telus network in Canada.

Okay, well, that's it. I am removing Forum Runner. We don't need this kind of stuff.

But keep Tapatalk enabled please, I'm using it and it's Fantastic since you fixed the site it's better than ever.

No popups either.

I didn't receive any forum runner popups either for some reason, maybe because on iPhone.

But keep Tapatalk enabled please, I'm using it and it's Fantastic since you fixed the site it's better than ever.

No popups either.

I didn't receive any forum runner popups either for some reason, maybe because on iPhone.

^ Seconded. Tapatalk is awesome and a must have.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Okay, well, that's it. I am removing Forum Runner. We don't need this kind of stuff.

Thanks Tom!

I get a similar pop-up on my iPhone! Never read it because I cancel the request and just proceed to what I browsed for!