Sign in to follow this  
denver69

I have 2 of these in my cfg file, I think this is bad right?

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0.0]

Anisotropic=1

AntiAlias=1

Mode=1680x1050x32

I have all of a sudden been getting occasional black screen crashes where sometimes I can open the task manager and click on FSX and save it and other times I get the fatal error CTD. Happens occasionally when switching screens and happened out of the blue on approach into KIWA today.

I do not know why there would be 2 of these entries in my cfg but this could be the cause? No?

Not likely to be the problem. I have four Display.device entries in my fsx.cfg and have no problems.

There would be no harm though in making a backup copy of your fsx.cfg and removing one of the entries.

www.antsairplanes.com

Actually from the event viewer the CTD is cause by AI_Player.dll. It happens infrequently and half the time I can Task Manager it back to life. It seems like it was not crashing before though. Which is weird, I have many of these in the event log from the last 2 months but it only recently in the last 2 days has been crashing FSX with black screen when switching windows and the last time randomy on final. I am so bummed, I had such a stable FSX for a while and then, of course as it usually happens, problems out of the blue.

Thanks

BTW - i have heard that multiple entries can cause ctd's

BTW - i have heard that multiple entries can cause ctd's

They also apparently can decrease FPS because having more than one entry takes up extra processing power or confuses FSX (not sure why, FSX Booster just gave me an error notice once about this).

So it turned out to be ENB so far I think. Removed the .dll and 2 flights with no problems. I am using FXAA on the new driver and am getting a massive increase in performance but I do not know if I like the look. I sometimes get these 1 second pauses/stutters and I think ENB was choking on it. FPS was very high with or w/o ENB (locked at 30 and at 30 since the new driver and switching to FXAA) but there is something going on with it. I have tried tirelessly to get it to work. It revolutionises my sim in a huge way. But I would rather have stablility.

I am now on the 296.10 driver. Does anyone know what is the best driver for use with ENB? How about the new beta 300 series driver? Be nice to luck out with that one and even be able to use adaptive vsynch at the same time. I am wondering if the ENB stability is driver specific or something else. I am DYING to find out why it works so well on some systems and not on others.

Thanks

They also apparently can decrease FPS because having more than one entry takes up extra processing power or confuses FSX (not sure why, FSX Booster just gave me an error notice once about this).

That's not true, FSX is only ever using one of those at a time unless you have a multi-monitor thing with multiple cards. If you want to totally "reset" things though, just rename the cfg file and FSX will make a new one next time you run it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's not true, FSX is only ever using one of those at a time unless you have a multi-monitor thing with multiple cards. If you want to totally "reset" things though, just rename the cfg file and FSX will make a new one next time you run it.

Huh. Is there any sort of problem with it? Odd that FSX Booster was so insistent on deleting it.