Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

GEX Nhanced & FSPS Xtreme FSX PC

Hello, I have searched using google and I have found some good info on GEX Nhanced for FSX, however I use an awesome program called FSPS Xtreme FSX PC. This program not only gives me 30% better frames but makes FSX look awesome as well. In the textures settings of the program I have it set to Texture Size (in pixels) 4096 where as FSX internal allows only up to 1024, and for image pixels autogen i have it set to 2048x2048 precision at .5m... this is all using FSX default textures and REX 2.0 Overdrive for environment. FSX looks awesome with this however will GEX Nhanced work with these "forced" settings or am I better off using what I am now and saving money. Please note that my Texture LOD Radius is set to medium as its working with REX 2.0 out to a maximum of 50 SM to keep "blurries" down to a minimum.

Below are screen shots of my settings and the definitions for the sliders in question..... Thanks in advance!

FSX Xtreme Settings

FSX Texture Size Definition

FSX Image Pixel Autogen Definition

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

seems like everyone else is as stumped as I am, 88 views, other threads with multiple reply's, if there is anyone out there that knows please I am all ears. I dont want to waste good money on a product that my system can't push to its limits.

http://www.exmixer.c...arisonNew.shtml

Try it yourself as flight 1 offer 30 day refund

I have actually bookmarked that site, it was one of the first sites I found, problem is he is using FSX's internal settings and not FSPS Xtreme FSX settings where my default is 2-4x better than what can be set internally. Problem is that from what I have read GEX uses 1m textures and I am using beyond that with FSPS enhanced default FSX textures set to .5 or greater as shown above.

Problem is that from what I have read GEX uses 1m textures and I am using beyond that with FSPS enhanced default FSX textures set to .5 or greater as shown above.

FSX as default does not contain high res textures. You have nothing to lose trying your settings with GEX

I dont want to waste good money on a product that my system can't push to its limits.

Hello

You have already wasted good money on a program that does nothing that could not be achieved by some reading here then editing a few Config files using the knowledge gained

Your system will display GEX at 1024x1024 same size as the default textures and there is nothing FSPS can do about that.

The 4096 setting that you have set in FSPS but could just as easily have been set in the FSX.cfg will display clouds and aircraft textures at 4096, but only if they are in that resolution to start with i.e REX HD clouds.

So GEX will make your ground textures look better than the default in some folks opinion (not mine)

But you will be seeing them at 1024x1024 just as you are at present.

The autogen size of 2048x2048 I do not understand as the largest autogen size I can find in the /FSX/Textures folder is 1024x1024 with most at 512x512 and 128x128

Hello, I have searched using google and I have found some good info on GEX Nhanced for FSX, however I use an awesome program called FSPS Xtreme FSX PC. This program not only gives me 30% better frames but makes FSX look awesome as well. In the textures settings of the program I have it set to Texture Size (in pixels) 4096 where as FSX internal allows only up to 1024, and for image pixels autogen i have it set to 2048x2048 precision at .5m

You can set all that yourself by editing the fsx.cfg file. There are plenty of guides around here detailing what items to add/change

I bought FSPS on sale for 9.99USD, im not worried and it allows me to be lazy, I "hand" configured my FS9 and the FSX config is about the same with different limitations. Was just wondering if this would have caused an incompatibility of some kind. I am using REX 2.0 Overdrive so I did see changes there, and I bought Ground Environment Pro for 2004 some time back it really made a difference in the world, is it just as effective in FSX or am I really not missing much?

thanks for all the reply's so far, the info is really helping me out a bit. :)

Hello

I suggest reading up on mipmaps to fully understand why a 4096x4096 texture can display at 2048, 1024, 512, 256, 128 ect.

But that the reverse cannot be true, ground textures at 1024x1024 whether Default, GEX or any other set will not be magically transformed into 4096x4096 textures.

Rex has the option of Cloud textures at 4096 HD, 2048, 1024, 512 which you are seeing in your sim with the FSPS setting of "Texture size in pixels" set at 4096 and the corresponding set loaded from REX.

This could just as easily been set in the FSX.config by altering this line to 4096:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

i get that the texture size is dependent upon software texture quality for maximum, what I am looking at from GEX now is autogen placement like it did in 2004, does default FSX place autogen just as well as GEX does or will I see a difference?

Hello

Yes the GEX autogen is optimised in that it is better positioned as it was in FS2004

you will typically see Ag trees aligned with field boundaries and that sort of thing.

Pop over to the Ground Environment forum and there should be some info on the AG placement

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ground-environment-x-series_forum38.html

hhhmmm sweet now to decide how to spend my money, gotta buy Carenado's PA46T, TSS King Air Sound Pack (for my AFG King Air 300 and B1900D), now possibly GEX & UTX, well there goes 100 USD :P

I have baught it and it has somekind of validation problem, it doesn't even want to connect to the update sentre. I've wasted my money.