Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Which aircraft would you like to see interfaced in the future

Hello team FS++!

Is there a set of commands for the basic aircraft like the Carenado 206 to switch the fuel selector from "left" to "right" or viceversa?

I have found commands in some of the MCE jetliner manuals to order specific fuel pumps and "crossfeeds" but I do not think they work in my Carenados.  But then again, I may not know the actual commands....  :rolleyes:

Thanks!

You can find commands that apply to aircraft seen as generic (default or unsupported) as follows

Click Start-All Programs->Multi Crew Experience-Shared commands.

Re answer from F++ Thanks for the reply :lol:

You're welcome.

Watch this hilarious video to see what happens when a pilot hires a co-pilot to fly a Cessna.

Co-pilot takes his job seriously and will threaten you if you touch the flaps handle instead of asking him to do it. :lol:

http://youtu.be/nR0B5HVUg_w

You can find commands that apply to aircraft seen as generic (default or unsupported) as follows

Click Start-All Programs->Multi Crew Experience-Shared commands.

Thank you Gerald for your reply!

I have looked in that folder and I do not see any generic commands that refer to selecting the active fuel tank.

From my knowledge of FS9/FSX, there are a limited set of fuel tanks which could be "active" - Center -- Right Main -- Left Main -- Right Aux -- Left Aux -- Center 2 -- Center 3 - etc.

I am flying mostly small piston aircraft with a career progression program (FS Captain) which has a requirement to report one's position every 30 minutes.  So as part of my "flow" if I am flying a Carenado with manual fuel tank selectors (such as the Carenado Cessna 206) I will switch my tank selector from Left to Right for each position report.  This keeps the left / right weight of the aircraft mostly in balance.

I would like to use MCE to respond to such a command as "Fuel Selector Left Main" or "Fuel tank Center 2" but I do not see any commands built in to MCE that does this.  Perhaps I could make my own VOXSCRIPT or VOXKEY commands, but if you could show me something that is already enabled then perhaps I could use them?

If there are no such commands today, then perhaps I would ask that a future version of MCE could react to such commands??

Thank you for reading and for your excellent MCE - it is a must-have!

Thank you Gerald for your reply!

I have looked in that folder and I do not see any generic commands that refer to selecting the active fuel tank.

From my knowledge of FS9/FSX, there are a limited set of fuel tanks which could be "active" - Center -- Right Main -- Left Main -- Right Aux -- Left Aux -- Center 2 -- Center 3 - etc.

I am flying mostly small piston aircraft with a career progression program (FS Captain) which has a requirement to report one's position every 30 minutes.  So as part of my "flow" if I am flying a Carenado with manual fuel tank selectors (such as the Carenado Cessna 206) I will switch my tank selector from Left to Right for each position report.  This keeps the left / right weight of the aircraft mostly in balance.

I would like to use MCE to respond to such a command as "Fuel Selector Left Main" or "Fuel tank Center 2" but I do not see any commands built in to MCE that does this.  Perhaps I could make my own VOXSCRIPT or VOXKEY commands, but if you could show me something that is already enabled then perhaps I could use them?

If there are no such commands today, then perhaps I would ask that a future version of MCE could react to such commands??

Thank you for reading and for your excellent MCE - it is a must-have!

Thanks for the accolade.

Good to hear you're enjoying the Demo

If the carenado has a way to control the crossfeed valve using keyboard assignments. It's a matter of creating a custom voice command in Voxkey (NOT Voxscript).

If not, it depends whether Carenado is using the default FSX tokens for Crossfeed control.

There is a way to find out.

Should you get in touch, will send you a replacement dll that will find out if it's default or needs custom interfacing.

And yes, we could add all those commands to switch crossfeed valve off, left to right, right to left, etc...

Could I nominate the RAZBAM Metroliner, twin turboprop commuter airliner, available for FSX and P3D?  Similar vintage to JS41 (already supported.)

Could I nominate the RAZBAM Metroliner, twin turboprop commuter airliner, available for FSX and P3D?  Similar vintage to JS41 (already supported.)

We'll deal with it early January 2015.

Right now...

CS 130X (with flight engineer)

PSS 777 for FS9

Aerosoft Twin Otter to follow after that

Many thanks for that timeline Gerald.

Looking forward the the PSS 777 integration.

Looking forward the the PSS 777 integration.

One of the trickiest, and why it took so long.

We'd like to hear about how people are flying this bird.

The assumption, it's front 2D panel displayed most of the time, and the occasional trip to other panels to flip some switches.

Is it the case, or are there more people using the Virtual Cockpit?

In my case Gerald I do all my prep work/preflight in the 2D cockpit, for convenience, however during pushback I move to the virtual cockpit, for sitrep and TrackIR usage, and there I stay until shutdown.  

I move to the virtual cockpit, for sitrep and TrackIR usage, and there I stay until shutdown.

Are you able to pan around the VC using TrackIR just like in FSX or is more like shift view from front view to right-side view etc...?

I am asking because there is no proper VC in FS9, or am I mistaken?

By the way, the 2D implementation is almost ready. FO can read and set every switch that works, including dialling Speed heading, altitude and VS.

Are you able to pan around the VC using TrackIR just like in FSX?

Yes

I am asking because there is no proper VC in FS9, or am I mistaken?

Full VC in FS9 Gerald.

In addition third party programs such as Active Camera and Walk and Follow boast similar features, and provided the inspiration for, FSX's EZDOK.

Although the PSS 777 is quite an elderly aircraft now its VC displays 3D switches, buttons, knobs etc. which mostly work.  Sorry if this confirmation results in more work for you Gerald.

Good news re the 2D implementation ... thanks for your patience.

BTW I only fly 'tubes' in FS9 because I can fly into the most detailed, major airports during bad weather with fps that I don't have make excuses for.  :lol:   

For GA aircraft (low & slow) P3Dv2 is now my sim of choice. The buggy FSX never got a look in.  :mad: