Sign in to follow this  
Frank Otero

Re-aligning the EHSI

Hello,

So it is hot on the ramp, got the APU running and the cooling system is on. I know this causes the EHSI to "drift". How do you guys get it back on line?

I turn the cooling system off - EHSI never recovers.

Shot avionics off, wait for the EHSI to come back in line, and when it does it still off.

So recently, to keep the paxs cool, I have had to get the ground AC unit through the main hatch to keep the cabin cool.............. just kidding.

Any ideas?

Regards

So recently, to keep the paxs cool, I have had to get the ground AC unit through the main hatch to keep the cabin cool.............. just kidding.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything.

Related to your comment on the PCA through the main cabin door (MCD), it's been done. There were a few aircraft that flew in that got that treatment for one reason or another at IAD when I worked there.

Kyle Rodgers

the PCA through the main cabin door (MCD), it's been done

I read about that in the manual, but of course this is not simulated. It is not a big deal, I was just curious on how to get it back on line.

A bigger issue is the darn AP not following the LNAV and taking a north heading. I have read on it and will see how it goes by always loading a saved (fresh) C&D after a default plane. I will not, though, insert a FP in the FSX, that causes other issues with FSInn and I have not used it in a long time.

Regards

First of all I have never been able to get the APU to work, so you will have to tell me how.

I belive if you turn off the avionics switches for 60 seconds, it will cause the IRUs to re-align.

yea was wondering where the apu switch was lol

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Mine has an APU and it works great. If you read the manual you would know about it, but I am not going to tell you............... :Just Kidding: :Just Kidding: I can see you guys saying WT.......

Sorry, I meant GPU. I have turned everything off and let the avionics "re-boot" (screens come back without info) from scratch and when they come back they still not aligned. I will try to do it for a little longer, other wise I will just put the PCA ductwork through the main hatch...... you guys got that PCA, right? hihi

Otherwise, she is a beauty and a handful....... the way I like my ladies :Peace:

Thanks for your replies