Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seadot777

Overclocking?

Hi I have heard of people overclocking their computer. I am just curious of what overclocking is, and does it improve ure fps? I am currently running on a 3.3 ghz processor and have decent frame rates of 13 fps with my 737 ngx on average. Also could anyone show me how to do this if you know how thanks for the help.

Hi I have heard of people overclocking their computer. I am just curious of what overclocking is, and does it improve ure fps? I am currently running on a 3.3 ghz processor and have decent frame rates of 13 fps with my 737 ngx on average. Also could anyone show me how to do this if you know how thanks for the help.

before you do have you tried sliding down your settings especially the a1 traffic and auto gen density are the main fps eaters imo i did, and got an increase of 10 to 13 fps more but it all depends on each pc setup

Overclocking is actually making the clock rate of the processor higher. This gives it more speed and improves performance.

Because FSX uses the processor more than the graphics card, I would really recommend to OC a processor which is used with FSX.