Sign in to follow this  
mdenadal

Saitek Pro-Flight panels support for the 737NGX

I actually wanted to ask if I should report on the forum...will do so in the future....cheers and thanks

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Thanks. Works good except one thing which is probably not me setting it correct. All switches on the Saitek multipanel work but I do not get the actual digital readouts except on the 737 itself and the select switches do not light when pressed on the panel but the corresponding ones in the 737 do light up. Please advise what I am doing wrong. Someone mentioned something about an INI file relating to readouts. Any info on how to fix this would be appreciated Thank You

"You only have to edit your 737NGX_Options.ini to enable the data broadcast (this is related to the NGX) and activate the NGX Special Mode within SPAD". This was the post but do not know how to do this. Any advice greatly appreciated

Hi,

within your NGX folder ( something like: C:\>>PATH-TO-YOUR-FSX-INSTALLATION<<\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX ) there's a file named 737NGX_Options.ini

You have to open it with a text editor and add to the bottom of the file:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

And, this one is more important, take your time and read the manual ! On page 29 this request is documented.

Ciao,

Massimo

Made the changes but the multi panel indicaters still stay at zero while the cockpit indicaters work. Can anyone be kind enough and send me a copy of the file with the changes. You can simply bring it up and use PRINT SCREEN then PAINT to convert it to picture or anything where I can see the actual change. Been pulling my hair out for 2 hours. Thanks

Skip the last request. Found the answer in the SPAD forums. Had to update to latest version of FSUIPC. Thanks anyway to all and especially Massimo

Hi,

Have latest version and registered FSUIPC and have downloaded Spad 0.5.0 but cannot seem to get the switch panel working with the 737 NGX.

When I set the spad to NGX special mode, I set for example the Battery master switch via virtual button, FSUIPC sees this but still it doesn't work.

I have added the SDK entry to my ini file, any help appreciated.

Steve

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Cox

Massimo

Thank you sir for your continued effort with SPAD. The three main add-on utils i NEVER fly without are TRACKIR/EZDOK, LINDA & SPAD.

Fellow pilots ... If you have Saitek panels get SPAD.

Thank you again

Rich

I own the Saitek Multi Panel, Radio Panel, and Switch Panel. Ive tried SPAD before to get the Multi Panel to work with PMDG 737 NGX. The radio panel worked perfectly and some stuff on the switch panel worked, but the displays on the multi panel were incorrect even after trying enable data broadcast etc. Can someone finally help me to get the panels to work with PMDG 737 NGX. What is SPADsource, is it needed? and how do i uninstall my Saitek default drivers completely for SPAD to work properly?

Regards, Kieran.

Hi

An old thread resurrected :)

OK there is a great new updated SPAD called SPAD.neXt head over to www.fsgs.com/forum/

Lots been happening and there are now NGX specific profiles, I too have the Radio, Switch & Multipanels and it works great :)

Russ Bailey

EGJB