Sign in to follow this  
squerble

Strange issue during flights

Hi all. In 2 of the last 10 or so flights I've done with the NGX, something strange has happened during the flight.

Initially, I was just flying along at CRZ level with LNAV and VNAV armed. It then started rolling suddenly to one side. I took control and disengaged the autopilot, but the plane felt VERY weird. First of all, the elevators became extremely sensitive. I could barely hold it within ±500ft of the correct altitude, but the worst part was the rolling. It would keep rolling to one side, despite no inputs or trim. I could apply some opposite aileron to hold it, but then after a few seconds it would suddenly start rolling to the other side. It was almost like the roll axis was balanced on top of a ball. If I applied left aileron, it would roll slightly left. If I then brought the controls back to centre, it would continue rolling to the left. No warning lights, no alarms, no clue at all as to what was happening.

I think I have found the culprit; the second time this happened I was taking off from KBOS on an American tour in my VA (UK-based). It started happening about 6000ft into the climb. I resolved it by turning off Real-World Weather.

Now before people jump in, I have no add-ons that affect weather, other than FSUIPC which is set to smooth the wind changes (in accordance with the recommended settings posted many time across the AVSIM forums).

Was it simply a poor weather system that did this? The plane didn't feel 'buffeted' in anyway, just simply a very weird characteristic in the roll-plane. Could I perhaps have needed anti-ice? Any ideas? Do not tell me to not use real-world weather as that will soon get very boring.

Hmmm, I have this issue a few times even with real world weather off. Not every time thou and I cant offer any help at all so I guess I will keep an eye on this post as well.

Me too but my 737 doesn't just roll it turns to the left and right whether I have it in command or I'm hand flying it. My suspect was Rex Essentials real world weather because it never did it before I installed Essentials but has done it nearly every time since.

I hope someone has solved this problem for themselves and can tell us about it here.

Richard Wade

I think the solution to this is to tick "disable turbulence effects on aircraft" in the FSX settings.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Thanks kjjj11223344 but it's not that as I've never had that ticked.

Richard Wade

I don't own the 737 NGX but I wonder if it has something to do with the Yaw Damper...a Dutch Roll? If you can get a look at the wing tip, see if it's making a circle. The Yaw Damper is supposed to prevent that but maybe there's something wrong. When you click off the A/P, make sure Yaw Damper shuts off as well and see if you can get it under control. On the J41, at least, you have to shut them off separately.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Me too but my 737 doesn't just roll it turns to the left and right whether I have it in command or I'm hand flying it. My suspect was Rex Essentials real world weather because it never did it before I installed Essentials but has done it nearly every time since.

I hope someone has solved this problem for themselves and can tell us about it here.

Richard Wade

Hi all, well it is the REXE. I found out it only does that when flying with the REXE. :-( but what causes this I don't know, sadly. I will see in the REX forum.. :-)

Best regards

Jakob

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

There's another thread about someone having problems and they have REXE.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376324-altimeter-disagree-problem-i-tried-different-method-of-solution-no-success/

Just on a lark, why don't you try turning on all of your anti icing and see if it happens?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

yea this is a strange one the op hasnt got any weather add ons and hes getting it and another using as2012 and he's getting it as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sorry, kjjj11223344. Didn't read your post properly. I've now ticked that box and will see if it makes a difference tomorrow.

Also, thanks JakobF. I needed to read that this isn't just happening to me. Tomorrow, I'm going to put the Turbulence strength and WindShear strength in RexE config manager to zero and see what happens.

Richard Wade

Richard Wade

The same it all started since I used REX Essential, first of all I had altimeter disagree something that could not be solved with normal solution like change the sim to US metric, second it started to give me false reading and lately literally induce my plane to fall from the sky as the speed in second went down to 0! I opened a topic on Rex Forum title NGX alt disagree problem. Hope they will help us

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Jivan Moulandi

Any speed anomalies? Alt disagree? And also wrong altimeter reading?

I think the first time it happened the plane started to roll on the side impossible to manovre also I had sound warning switching from stall and over speed really confusing!

I believe that the weather injection sometime might mess the plane instruments as to me it was showing altitude of 50000ft sometime, incredible v/s, and Bari settings completely unrealistic.

Rex support told me that during beta testing nothing like that ever happened however they are investigating we should provide as much information possible.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Jivan Moulandi

Any speed anomalies? Alt disagree? And also wrong altimeter reading?

I think the first time it happened the plane started to roll on the side impossible to manovre also I had sound warning switching from stall and over speed really confusing!

I believe that the weather injection sometime might mess the plane instruments as to me it was showing altitude of 50000ft sometime, incredible v/s, and Bari settings completely unrealistic.

Rex support told me that during beta testing nothing like that ever happened however they are investigating we should provide as much information possible.

Hi in the rex forum have you sent them your log on your problem since if you havnt its hard for them to solve the cause

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks all. Seems I could be a lot worse off if I was using REXE too! I've now ticked the "Disable turbulence effects" box and will see how that goes. I've already done 3 flights in the NGX today without any issue (all using RW weather), so we'll see how it goes.

Getting to grips with the MD11F again though after never bothering to learn it properly :Nerd: