Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Editting Current NGX Scripts and Checklists....

So after a couple of flights using MCE i would like to edit the current NGX scripts slightly, (the .vscr files)

What's the best way to edit them; can I directly edit them using notepad or do I have to use VoxScript?

Also is there a list somewhere of everything MCE can handle on the NGX (or other airplanes for that matter?)

Cheers

Dan

WAT1036.png

So after a couple of flights using MCE i would like to edit the current NGX scripts slightly, (the .vscr files)

What's the best way to edit them; can I directly edit them using notepad or do I have to use VoxScript?

Also is there a list somewhere of everything MCE can handle on the NGX (or other airplanes for that matter?)

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,

I would suggest you use VoxScript to start with...it is really easy...you can start by modifying the current scripts or adding to them...then click "test" to check that the MCE engine understands the command, add a pause - one second for simple things or longer for more complex - and away you go.

Cheers for the reply Will,

How critical is the pause? At the moment in the scripts I am using I think there are overly long pauses between actions and I was just wanting to shorten the length of the pauses and maybe shuffle the order the co pilot did things in the script.

WAT1036.png

Experiment with it mate, i have found that 1 second is the minimum as the engine has to process the command on the script ad perform the action.

Sometimes he says what he has done. If you dont put a pause, you may find a few commands being executed almost on top of each other and it can lead to some items nit being done.

Dan, i added that in the before taxy flow for the NGX.

I think the command is "Flight controls check"... There are a few such checks available off the box, some work with other aircraft as long as they have been programmed by FS++

Hi Will,

Ah right, yeah I was wondering if there's a way to speed it up slightly? I'm planning on editting the flows to include an APU or Ground Power start up depending on what the airport regs are... Are there any other of these types of actions hidden in the program :-)

Also I've tried using voxscript but the program keeps minimising itself and its getting on my nerves. Its not the easiest thing to use. I like how you can instantly test a command but actually editting a big script on it is tedious so i'm just editting in notepad.

Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png