Sign in to follow this  
Fede.

Solution to enb series causing black screen

I found a possible solution to black screen that enb series is causing when opening a new window on the fsx bar or after moving it to tray.

when the black screen appears press: WINDOWS BUTTON (on keyboard) -->then ESC --> and then press the fsx icon on the start bar! Using this combination i'm not having anymore issue!

Let me know if it solves the problem!!

Doesn't work for me. ENB is dead :(

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

ENB is a strange beast, huh? Works for some, complete loss for some others and plenty in between. I like the optics and was lucky so far, but I wished I could tell on why it works on the one system and spoils everything on the other one. :sad:

I just did a complete reformat/install of W7 and FSX- this time I didn't use the windows 7 tweaking guide, and left my system as is. Simply installed FSX, put fsx.cfg through bojote's tweaker, and left it. ENBseries worked great until I started clearing the prefetch in prep for defrag (against my own intuition, following Nickn's advice! Don't know what it did to my system). One thing I notice is that with the greater performance-eating addon, the more likely it is to get a black screen. Using the trike, I could fly and mash the ALT-ENT keys all day long, and the system remained robust. However, with PMDG's NGX, ALT-ENT causes an immediate black screen and a d3d9.dll crash.

I really loved the effect and really wish I could use it. I wonder if tweaking my prefetch, disabling indexing for hard drives, harmed my system in a way. But I would really like to know what FSX tweaks make it stable to use ENBseries.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Sorry for asking stupid, but why do you actually have to use ALT-ENT? Wouldn't the windowed mode be better, not needing that switch but accessing other programs via the task bar?

I just did a complete reformat/install of W7 and FSX- this time I didn't use the windows 7 tweaking guide, and left my system as is. Simply installed FSX, put fsx.cfg through bojote's tweaker, and left it. ENBseries worked great until I started clearing the prefetch in prep for defrag (against my own intuition, following Nickn's advice! Don't know what it did to my system). One thing I notice is that with the greater performance-eating addon, the more likely it is to get a black screen. Using the trike, I could fly and mash the ALT-ENT keys all day long, and the system remained robust. However, with PMDG's NGX, ALT-ENT causes an immediate black screen and a d3d9.dll crash.

I really loved the effect and really wish I could use it. I wonder if tweaking my prefetch, disabling indexing for hard drives, harmed my system in a way. But I would really like to know what FSX tweaks make it stable to use ENBseries.

I have the same problems, both with the NGX and the 747-400X (which is considerably lighter addon). Haven't tried it with my MD-11 yet.

And I'm not sure prefetch has anything to do with it, as I have an SSD, where (theoretically) it is not needed at all.

Sorry for asking stupid, but why do you actually have to use ALT-ENT? Wouldn't the windowed mode be better, not needing that switch but accessing other programs via the task bar?

There is no full immersion, if not in full-screen.

Oh, ENB. How I love thee. Too bad I just gave it up since it makes everything so fragile. I can't touch replay views or add-on menus without some chance of getting a black-screen that cannot be recovered. I do love how it looks though, especially in the sky and shading of the ground. But, at the end of the day, I find I am now much more relaxed not having to fear touching menus again.

I have such a love-hate relationship with ENB. Some of the ones I've downloaded from the REX or ORBX websites don't work at all and crash right away. Some versions will work fine with light addon planes and I can minimize from fullscreen back and forth all day. The same version will work with heavy addons like PMDG but will crash randomly and don't even try to minimize... I can get rather frustrated with it from time to time and just remove it. I like it best for darker nights. :)

Am going to share what i do to solve this . I only get this black screen issue only when i select any option in the fs recorder. What i normally do is pres CTRL + DEL open the task manager an then click back on FSX Icon . Also you can minimize the screen by pressing ALT + ENTER. I don't know if this solves this issue but it solves mines when i select any option on my fs recorder my screen goes black an i used the steps i just said to solve my issue . Hope this help if not please tell us more am looking to solve this issue to . :D

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)