Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

iPhone cases....

A completely off topic question but here goes....

Im sure allot of you are having the same problem as I am by choosing a case for your iPhone. Its a simple but a very difficult task to complete, Dont know how many covers I have gone through these past few months... But its allot.

Im looking for the perfect flip up leather case for the iPhone 4S. Does anyone know of a good one, and could you post some suggestions as the addiction to buying 'crappy' iPhone cases is going beyond what I have imagined... :P

I don't recommend leather as it is hard to put in jeans pockets. I have a silicon (still hard, but whatever) case for my iPhone 4 and it works perfect. It is from Rocketfish from Best Buy.

It's such a personal decision - you want the perfect case... for you. This might not be the same case that's perfect for me. I never did find a case I liked, so I never bothered getting one. Maybe I'm just picky. While I was still looking for one, I would simply ask people I knew if I could handle their phone with the case for a minute to decide whether I liked it or not. I would open and close it, put it to my ear, etc. I would do the same thing in stores - if I saw one I liked, I would ask the staff if they had one already open I could try out. People get this, and will understand what you are doing.

Finding a case for my iPad was surprisingly easy, maybe because I don't need to hold it to my face.

and could you post some suggestions as the addiction to buying 'crappy' iPhone cases is going beyond what I have imagined... :P

We're here to help. This is an intervention. He%20He.gif

I have these two:

http://www.proporta....5140&t_mode=des <---Leather. Nice solid feel, not overly bulky, and it slides in my back left jean pocket nicely.

http://www.otterbox....default,pd.html <---Multi-layer, hardcore protection. I got this second hand from a friend for free. It's too thick for my taste, as the reason I went for the iPhone 4S was to get rid of that nagging bulkiness I had with the EVO. Won't fit well in pockets.

Frankly, I rarely use a case for this new white iPhone 4S of mine. It's too stylish to cover! I throw the leather on when I'm traveling. When I'm "playing" or working (fishing, flying, etc) I use the Otterbox. I typically buy two that suit my needs, and I don't let the "honeymoon" stage with my new phone wear off. Being as OCD as I am about things, I kept my EVO 4G looking brand new for two years by being anal retentive. LOL

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I pay for the insurance. Haven't paid a cent for any replacement!

When it comes to Apple products you 'must' look after them!! Im the exact same as you Zach... My iPad 2 is still in pristine condition, compared to some others I've seen out there.

Thanks for the links. Im liking the leather case already, looks stylish.... "Thats what I said about the other few I already own".... I must say though I am very disappointed with what Apple are selling in their Apple Stores and online. I was in a few Apple stores while I was in America last month and I was shocked by the lack of variety they have in covers for the iPhone. I am quite an Apple ###### :Nerd: so I visited 1 Infinite Loop Apple HQ while I was there... B) But the Company Store was closed! :sad:

No case for me! That's like putting a tarp over your Ferrari!

The shattered screen on the -2 is just character :)

Noah Bryant

Well, we still need to protect our stuff.

When it comes to Apple products you 'must' look after them!! Im the exact same as you Zach... My iPad 2 is still in pristine condition, compared to some others I've seen out there.

Thanks for the links. Im liking the leather case already, looks stylish.... "Thats what I said about the other few I already own".... I must say though I am very disappointed with what Apple are selling in their Apple Stores and online. I was in a few Apple stores while I was in America last month and I was shocked by the lack of variety they have in covers for the iPhone. I am quite an Apple ###### :Nerd: so I visited 1 Infinite Loop Apple HQ while I was there... B) But the Company Store was closed! :sad:

I generally stay away from Apple stores. Best Buy, Sprint, and Wal-Mart (places near me) offer pretty neat and affordable protection plans for Apple products. Of course, there are other stores with great plans. For $40(?) Wal-Mart offered a no-questions-asked replacement plan for 12 months.

Noah, you undermine your own point. :lol: I feel the same way, though.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Haha, yeah that's what's funny. I did finally buy one of those covers for my -3, just because I have scratches on the glass of the -1 and -2 from shoving it between the seats of my car. No way I'm putting a case on my phone though. My wife has one and it drives me nuts. It (seems like) it doubles the size of the phone and just turns the nice design into a big purple thing.

Wifey shattered the screen of the -2 when she tripped over her own feet and it went flying onto the concrete. I bought one of those clear plastic screen protectors and put it on the shattered glass to hold it together. Still works perfectly.

Noah Bryant