Sign in to follow this  
kiwimail

Flight and Forced AA

Has anyone managed to overide the AA in Flight. I've many tried many combinations and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have sharpness set on Maximum but still have noticable jaggies.

Has anyone managed to overide the AA in Flight. I've many tried many combinations and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have sharpness set on Maximum but still have noticable jaggies.

If you were using an NVIDIA GPU then you could've used NVIDIA Inspector but I can see that you're using AMD so you don't have that option.

To override AA go to the Flight.cfg and change these two lines Custom=1

and AntialiasingQuality=0

Now you can create a profile for Flight changing AA and AF in the catalyst or nvidia control panel.

It worked for me. I have an ATI 5770

Thanks for the feedback. jtmedina's cfg tweak did the trick. Cheers mate. Flight looks absolutely gorgeous. Bring on Alaska.

To override AA go to the Flight.cfg and change these two lines Custom=1

and AntialiasingQuality=0

Now you can create a profile for Flight changing AA and AF in the catalyst or nvidia control panel.

It worked for me. I have an ATI 5770

Tnx. I've been searching for tip like that. +1

I must admit I have seen no problems with flights default AA though........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

ATI or Nvidia?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

ATI or Nvidia?

Nvidia (It's in my sig)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm very impressed by the default AA. So impressed that I've not tried to better it through tweaking.

Well, perhaps you haven't seen problem because you have Nvidia.

So fat the minutes spend on tweaking only made Flight run worse... Luckily I only spend minutes on tweaking. And I like to keep it at that. :wink: FSAA could be a little little little bit better, I have to say, but overall quality and performance seem to be in a great balance and I certainly don't want to ruin that nice balance. No performance tweaks for me and also no 'graphic improvement' tweaks. I like it as it is. (As far as this all is concerned...)

nVidia here btw.

I had jagged lines if I have driver settings to Application controlled. Now, with flight.cfg set to AntialiasingQuality=0 and manually selected driver settings, AA is working.

No performance tweaks for me and also no 'graphic improvement' tweaks. I like it as it is. (As far as this all is concerned...)

Same here, I find the ingame graphics settings to be a great balance and it looks very good to me. I played around a little with some Inspector settings early on, and it seemed to create stuttering so I just went back to ingame settings.