Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scianoir

Cozumel for FS9 from Latin VFR

In case you haven't noticed, Latin VFR, one of the most prolific producers of scenery for FS9, continue to assault our credit cards by releasing yet another great scenery addon - Cozumel MMCZ. Once I had sorted out the problems created by residual files from the FlyMex version of MMCZ, it was obvious that this was once again a quality product from Latin VFR. Not alone is the airport very well modelled, but a considerable amount of autogen detail is added for quite a large surrounding area including hotels etc on the coastline, which adds considerably to the sense of realism both while in the air and on the ground. Frame rates also are excellent (with maximum set to 90fps, I was getting an average of 85fps using the Carenado Seneca). The very reasonable price also includes the FSX version if you are running both. Although it has still not quite reached the standards of FSDT, UK Extreme and Fly Tampa, Latin VFR certainly IMO now deserves to be considered as one of the best producers of quality scenery for FS9. If you like flying in this part of the world, buy this, you won't be disappointed!

Bill

Windows XP Pro SP2; Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPU;

Arctic Cool 7Pro; ASUS P5N-E-SLI Motherboard;

4GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM; 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card;

2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive; 650W (2 x 12V) PSU; 2 x 1000GB + 1 x 150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive;

CH Pro Yoke and Pedals

All helping to power 380GB of fs9!

(and much as though I hate to admit it - 184GB of FSX!)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Interesting...

I've been flying in Chile because there is a whole lot of interesting freeware there.

Ended up buying Latin VFR's Santiago to fill a gap, and it's pretty convincing.

I agree they are moving into the top league of scenery design, great to see.