Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Airbus X Throttles

First and foremost, I have posted in the support forum at aerosoft for the same issue and am awaiting a response. I figured it would be best to get as many minds in on the issue since it seems to be a LARGE issue with airbus X. The throttles don't pass reverse. I have tried deleting the files from fsx.cfg, assigning them controls as "FS Normal Axis" in FSUIPC and I just can't seem to get it to work. It is a beautiful bird that can't leave the ground. Can we put our heads together and find a proven fix for this please? Thank you.

Josh Scholl

First and foremost, I have posted in the support forum at aerosoft for the same issue and am awaiting a response. I figured it would be best to get as many minds in on the issue since it seems to be a LARGE issue with airbus X. The throttles don't pass reverse. I have tried deleting the files from fsx.cfg, assigning them controls as "FS Normal Axis" in FSUIPC and I just can't seem to get it to work. It is a beautiful bird that can't leave the ground. Can we put our heads together and find a proven fix for this please? Thank you.

+1 (I have done all that on your link George and nothing works - can reverse with F2 and nothing else works - Saitek X52 Pro with pedals All other planes work OK.)

Denis

In the Aerosoft launcher there is a joystick configuration utility. Give that a shot.

- Aaron

I tried the launcher but I can't register it because when I go to register the product there is no option for airbus X. I bought the aircraft from SimMarket and am unable to register the product. It starts off with A10 and goes down through about 50 products but no Airbus X.

Josh Scholl

What Joystick are you using?, I have no issues whatsoever with the throttle my AirbusX, I'm using a Logitech Extreme3Dpro

I'm not talking about registering it, I'm talking about the "Configure joystick" option in the tools menu of the Aerosoft Launcher. Run that, assign the axis and save the configuration. Might help.

- Aaron

I have this joystick with throttle:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001CXYMFS/

As you can see, it has no reverse range on its throttle.

This is what I have done to have full reverse capability in all my aircraft:

1. Kept the default FSX keystrokes for idle and full reverse (I think they are F1 and F2 respectively).

2. Kept the throttle axis assignment in FSX.

3. In FSUIPC, I don't mess with the throttle axis.

4. In FSUIPC, I assigned one of the buttons on the throttle to do the following:

- if it is pressed continuously, continuously send the full-reverse keystroke to FSX

- the moment it is released, send once the idle keystroke to FSX

So in landings (or rejected takeoffs), all I have to do is throttle-back to idle, and continuously press that button (for as long as it is needed), and when I release it, engines will return to idle.

I have a registered FSUIPC, and the above method works flawlessly with all my aircraft:

- PMDG MD-11

- PMDG 747-400X

- PMDG 737NGX

- Aerosoft AirbusX