Sign in to follow this  
ethanpilot787

KOAK Skyline Three Departure

Is there anyway to get VNAV to hit 2000 right at 4NM? It is a coordinate in the FMC (OAK-4). When I set it to 2000 ft, the plane simply climbs and holds at 2000 until it reaches 4NM. I can do this manually or with V/S, but is there anyway to get VNAV to do it?

Thank you,

Ethan Eshkol

That would be like a VNAV PATH for the climb. Not much reason to do it performance-wise. It might be smoothest to just do it in V/S, like you suggested.

Matt Cee

You guys should remember that the dotted line shown on the chart is a lost comms procedure, very rarely used in the real world especially in the Bay Area but still there in case the acft looses comms for whatever reason.

LOST C O M M U N I C A T I O N S :

T a k e - o f f r u n w a y s 2 7 L / R a n d 2 9 : A f t e r r e a c h i n g 3 0 0 0 ’ , t u r n l e f t h e a d i n g 2 0 0 ^

That said, in most cases, the pilots would've called departure and will immediately get a climb to 7000 ft to protect the SF arrivals over GOLDN6 or 19000 which is the NORCAL ceiling, so the acft will continue climbing, that's why in the real world you will never see them leveling off at 2000.

In the NGX, on departure reduce rate of climb to meet the 4DME 2000ft and then once past that, the 3000ft is not a restriction, it is an indication that you start your left turn to heading 200 passing 3000 ft, so after 4DME u cud be in a 4000fpm climb :)

If talking to a controller, as in real world or on the online networks when a departure controller is available, they will give you when to start the left turn and till then stay on that heading. You can expect that around 3-4000ft for the left turn.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead