Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

Where have you been finding the clandestine jobs?

Since I've been flying in Alaska, and flew out to the end of the Aleutians, I noticed that the farthest two airports, Adak and Atka, amost always have one or two clandestine jobs. In Hawaii, Kauai usually gave one or two jobs, and a lot of the other jobs were on the big island. Occasionally more centrally located airports had clandestine jobs, but it didn't seem to be as often. I saw a few around Kodiak, don't remember if I ever saw one on Oahu (except Dillingham).

Have you noticed any evidence of airports farther away from the center of the map having more chance of clandestine jobs? Airports near the center may have them, but not as frequently.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

For clandestine jobs I tend to just flit around the cartoon map and click on the pinkish airports with no tower. I haven't yet found any way to predict where a job comes up. Just keep looking around.

It's far easier to find one in Hawaii too.

Blackrat

With so many little pink airfields to choose from, I'm always able to find one. I just did a rather strange one on the north coast -- CD-3 Airfield to Cape Simpson -- at 3 pm in mid-summer, it gave me credit for a night mission. Really?? With the sun high in the sky above me?? (Once again, Microsoft doesn't do math.) Thanks for the extra 10,000 XP anyway! He%20He.gif

I always do night missions if I can. I see what time the time of day icon changes from night to dawn then wind it back about 10 minutes. That way you get the points but you are landing with sunlight to make it easier...

Blackrat

I always do night missions if I can. I see what time the time of day icon changes from night to dawn then wind it back about 10 minutes. That way you get the points but you are landing with sunlight to make it easier...

I don't mind doing night missions as long as the destination field has frickin runway lights! Why can't that grazzlefrappin useless copilot say something about that instead of whining about altitude?? :mad:

I don't mind doing night missions as long as the destination field has frickin runway lights! Why can't that grazzlefrappin useless copilot say something about that instead of whining about altitude?? :mad:

PANC's lights put PHNL to shame. :D Unlit airports give me the heebie jeebies.

I was into this one last night with the Cubby dropping off some unknown cargo. Sparrevohn LRRS (PASV). No missed approaches here.

I was into this one last night with the Cubby dropping off some unknown cargo. Sparrevohn LRRS (PASV). No missed approaches here.

Flight's version is actually a lot more forgiving than the real one...

For the impatient, line-up on Final is about halfway through the video.

For the impatient, line-up on Final is about halfway through the video.

Nice video. I don't really like watching those video's though: they make it clear we still have a long way to go before flightsims look completely realistic. :wink:

Well, if a King Air can do it! Very nice , liked the Super DC-3 take off and turn out also.