Sign in to follow this  
xander787

ezdok cameras not working

I just installed ezdok 1.17 but can't seem to get it working. I deleted all the key assignments from fax that conflicted but when I bring up the list of camera views and select them, the view doesn't change. What could cause this?

Maybe try changing one and then retest. Press 2...you should hear some dings. Use the cursor to move it some and the press 2 again. Then try selecting another view and going back to the one you just changed.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Did you run the EZDok config program? It scans your system for installed aircraft. You have to do this after you've installed EZDok the first time and then after every new plane install. It should be under the EZdok folder in the Start Menu...

xander787

Do you have TrackIR running with EzDOK camera?

I have to start my TrackIR after FSX has loaded. If I do not do this, my camera will not work.

I created a .bat file to start my TrackIR after FSX has loaded.

Try Chris's tip first, I guess you read the manual.

CharlesF

I already ran the config program but when I open up the studio thing and select the different cameras, the view doesn't change. I tried Gregg's tip and no luck, still the camera doesn't actually move

Make sure when you run the config that you also use the menu item in the upper left. Not sure if it's your problem here but it's a two step process. First the menu, then the button. Did you get the 'dinging' when you pressed 2? Were you able to move that camera around? How are you trying to select the different views? By clicking on them in the Studio?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Last time this happened to me I uninstalled it and ran the installer again. I made sure to use the full Flight1 wrapper install rather than the install file from the EZDok website...

When you suggest he press '2', I think it's helpful to tell him to press '2' ON THE NUMERIC KEYPAD not above the QWERTY keys. NumLock should be on for the NKP as well.

Reboot. Then pull up a standard FSX-included plane and try the cameras there and see if they work....if so, Export that camera set file somewhere you'll find it like your desktop, open a plane where it didn't work and Import that camera set....then use '2' ON THE KEYPAD to customize each camera to your liking---use the mouse to tip up and down, the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out and the PGUP and PGDN keys to elevate and drop the camera angle and the left and right arrow keys to move POV side to side.

Have you watched the EZDok 3 part tutorial on YouTube? Very helpful. PM me if you need the link.

Make sure when you run the config that you also use the menu item in the upper left. Not sure if it's your problem here but it's a two step process. First the menu, then the button. Did you get the 'dinging' when you pressed 2? Were you able to move that camera around? How are you trying to select the different views? By clicking on them in the Studio?

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

When you suggest he press '2', I think it's helpful to tell him to press '2' ON THE NUMERIC KEYPAD not above the QWERTY keys

You're right, I should have made that clear.

Gregg Seipp