Sign in to follow this  
dreyer

Cargo Comp.

This is a request to the PMDG team, I hope that your guy`s make the options to load the aircraft like the real deal is. I mean: Putting weights into Comp: 1, 2,3,4 and 5. Is there any change for this, or would it be like the 737 with only comp. 1 and 2?

This is a request to the PMDG team, I hope that your guy`s make the options to load the aircraft like the real deal is. I mean: Putting weights into Comp: 1, 2,3,4 and 5. Is there any change for this, or would it be like the 737 with only comp. 1 and 2?

No offense but....this is a joke, no? :Shocked:

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

What do you mean by "comp."?

What do you mean by "comp."?

Compartments probably.

Okay... for you MD11ers, was this on the MD11? If so, it will most likely be on the 777.

It's a bit of a stupid question really (not yours, but the OP's) as it's something not comparatively difficult to simulate, I think even the POSKY 777 has the proper compartments.

It's a bit of a stupid question really (not yours, but the OP's) as it's something not comparatively difficult to simulate, I think even the POSKY 777 has the proper compartments.

Ahh, okay.

The 737's CoG is calculated using two seperate points in space, the forward and rear holds. If the T7 has 5 different points from which the CoG calculations are made, then I'm sure this will be taken into account by the PMDG team.

Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I know that. But i mean that in the FMC on the 737 you can just put weight into comp. 1 and 2. But most aircraft I handle use 1,2,3 and 4 for the 737. And my question was more likely if PMDG will simulate 1,2,3,4 and 5 for the 777, or just 1 and 2 like the 737.

I know that. But i mean that in the FMC on the 737 you can just put weight into comp. 1 and 2. But most aircraft I handle use 1,2,3 and 4 for the 737. And my question was more likely if PMDG will simulate 1,2,3,4 and 5 for the 777, or just 1 and 2 like the 737.

I know at least when I was flying 737's, our load and trim sheets only had two cargo compartments listed for CoG calculations, though maybe it's changed since then. Are you talking about 2 for Cargo and 3 for Pax, totaling 5 separate sections? That would be inline with what I was used to...

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

No no. I work for an airliners who fly alot of aircraft, but in the 737 we have comp. 1 and 2 in the forward part of the airplane. And 3 and 4 in the aft. Comp. 1 is in the door and to the right in the carco comp, and 2 is to the left. And 3 is aft to the right, and 4 will be the door and left back.

No no. I work for an airliners who fly alot of aircraft, but in the 737 we have comp. 1 and 2 in the forward part of the airplane. And 3 and 4 in the aft. Comp. 1 is in the door and to the right in the carco comp, and 2 is to the left. And 3 is aft to the right, and 4 will be the door and left back.

Is there much space aft the rear cargo door for baggage, surely you'd only get 4-5 bags in there? Anyway, what I'm saying is that clearly a lot of different airlines do it different way's. We had two compartments, you have four, some may have three. The fact is is that PMDG couldn't model every option in this regard, and the two compartment model seemed to be the one they had the data to model, as I'm assuming it's the most common. If the 5 compartment layout is the most common in the T7, then I'm sure that'll be the one they use...

Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

In comt. 4 you can get over 20 bags if you try hard enought :)

Oh dear, remind me not to check bags if I ever fly with yee then.... :P

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I can actually chime in on the topic, I do weight & balance for 77W aircraft and I can confirm the standard for the aircraft is a 5 compartment layout. Unlike the 737 however, our compartment 5 "bulk pit" can hold in excess of 120 bags, how's that for a workout?