Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

77W

I know the LR isn't even out yet but you guys have any idea on how long the 77W will follow if your plans go to plan? Has Jason started it yet?

I'd place it in a similar time scale to the 600/700 expansion pack, or at least that's the closest thing we have to compare it to, and it seems a reasonable comparison.

Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I'd place it in a similar time scale to the 600/700 expansion pack, or at least that's the closest thing we have to compare it to, and it seems a reasonable comparison.

Rónán O Cadhain.

If i remember correctly, that was only 3 or so months after??? :p0502:

How come the MD-11 included the freighter on the base pack?

The MD-11 wasn't a very popular aircraft, to help it sell better, I'm guessing PMDG included the Freighter as that is one of the most popular uses of the MD11 to help boost their sales. The T7 is already a popular aircraft seen at airports all over the world, they don't need to entice you in with a load of models in one base pack, but instead spread them out and gain more financial reward for their efforts...

[i'm guessing..]

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I would say it will actually take less time than the 600/700 expansion for the NGX simply because this development process is taking much quicker. I also think the main reason for doing the -300ER in a separate package is almost entirely for increased sales all around and not that they will need additional months for its development (as I bet the two are almost being made side by side). Sure, I'm pretty positive that it won't be out the next day but I think it will be within a month or two.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

The MD-11 wasn't a very popular aircraft, to help it sell better, I'm guessing PMDG included the Freighter as that is one of the most popular uses of the MD11 to help boost their sales. The T7 is already a popular aircraft seen at airports all over the world, they don't need to entice you in with a load of models in one base pack, but instead spread them out and gain more financial reward for their efforts...

But wasn't it from day 1 already included in the base pack? How would they know that it didn't sell good if it wasn't even released?

But wasn't it from day 1 already included in the base pack? How would they know that it didn't sell good if it wasn't even released?

Because as I said, it wasn't a popular aircraft, you'd be hard pushed to find one at your nearest international airport. Also keep in mind that their reputation wasn't quite as big as it is now, so simmers would have been more reluctant to pay for something they may have considered less than finished. However, now, many people see PMDG and the first thing that comes to mind is "I must buy that", and the T7 can be seen at practically every international airport worldwide, hence a larger draw for simmers. Again, just speculation...

Rónán O Cadhain

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I would say it will actually take less time than the 600/700 expansion for the NGX simply because this development process is taking much quicker. I also think the main reason for doing the -300ER in a separate package is almost entirely for increased sales all around and not that they will need additional months for its development (as I bet the two are almost being made side by side). Sure, I'm pretty positive that it won't be out the next day but I think it will be within a month or two.

Yeah the LR and 300ER really aren't all that different apart from a few small things. Mainly length! The wings are the same, the fuselage is the same throughout the 777 family. Which definitely will make it easier for Jason! But besides from looks I'm sure they both have different tendencies flying wise. I think the longest one out will be 777-200/ER & 777-300 (non-ER) if they develop it. I personally wouldn't fly the 300 non-ER.

I personally wouldn't fly the 300 non-ER.

But I would really like to fly it. ^_^

Some airlines like Emirates and Thai and so on still flying the non-ER. But for me the -300ER has priority.

Because as I said, it wasn't a popular aircraft, you'd be hard pushed to find one at your nearest international airport. Also keep in mind that their reputation wasn't quite as big as it is now, so simmers would have been more reluctant to pay for something they may have considered less than finished. However, now, many people see PMDG and the first thing that comes to mind is "I must buy that", and the T7 can be seen at practically every international airport worldwide, hence a larger draw for simmers. Again, just speculation...

I can see quite a few FedEx MD-11s (or are they DC-10s?) at my local airport (KIAH). But, I understand what you are saying.