Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

What..No cockpits

As I said yesterday took the plunge whilst steam had the 66% off.

OK, so why no cockpit on some planes? Very strange I think, unless someone knows different

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

One thing you have saved yourself by waiting till now to get Flight is having to ponder this same thing that most of us have been wondering since release.

You are probably the last person to discover this.. ^_^

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

:rolleyes:

Has there been no response from the MS flight team about this

Better late than never :P

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

All new planes starting in 2012 and beyond will have no cockpits. The NTSB & FAA came to an agreement that it's better for the flight crew to sit outside on the wings and fly the airplanes. :lol:

Certainly not the last to discover it... just the latest.

The cockpitless planes are a mystery, but I'm sure there's an MBA-holder with no knowledge of aviation somewhere in Microsoft's Marketing Dept. that came up with that idea. It certainly was well received by the customers.

"Well received" meaning it should be dropped down a well.

Yeah, I basically pretend that the airplanes without cockpits don't exist. Solves the problem for me haha

The Carbon Cub is getting a virtual cockpit soon, but I would bet that even if you have the Alaska pack you're still going to have to pay to add the cockpit to it.

They are actually the latest development in aviation technology. They are Stealth Cockpits. They are really there it's just that nobody can see them.

Yeah, I basically pretend that the airplanes without cockpits don't exist. Solves the problem for me haha

The Carbon Cub is getting a virtual cockpit soon, but I would bet that even if you have the Alaska pack you're still going to have to pay to add the cockpit to it.

Since the Carbon Cub was a freebie, that is probably a safe bet.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, it wasn't really free. I'm sure that internally at MS, a percentage of each Alaska purchase is credited to the Cub.

It's just paid for by money that most people would have spent on the scenery anyway, even without the Cub being included.

If you did any research before buying the product, you would have known beforehand. This subject has been talked about and cursed upon most.

Research? Who has time for research during the Steam Summer Sale? Get it while it's hot! :Party:

We've been there numerous times... Locked.