Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Skidding on the Ice

I have to work today, so I decided to do a couple of quick touch and goes at PANC in the RV 6A, before leaving for work. I had left winter as the weather from a job I flew last night, so the runway has some light snow on either side, as I came into land. I was trying to get my rudder pedals in the proper position, and in inadvertently kicked the left rudder pedal down as I was rolling to a stop, and the RV 6A slid around sideways, and proceeded to ground loop on the icy runway surface. Have to be more careful of that from now on...... Anyone else noticed this in the winter?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have to work today, so I decided to do a couple of quick touch and goes at PANC in the RV 6A, before leaving for work. I had left winter as the weather from a job I flew last night, so the runway has some light snow on either side, as I came into land. I was trying to get my rudder pedals in the proper position, and in inadvertently kicked the left rudder pedal down as I was rolling to a stop, and the RV 6A slid around sideways, and proceeded to ground loop on the icy runway surface. Have to be more careful of that from now on...... Anyone else noticed this in the winter?

Yeah, I played with that on the iced-over ramp at Unalakleet... jamming the throttle forward to get moving, then yanking it back and spinning round and round with the rudder as I slide along the surface. Great fun!

Yeah, I played with that on the iced-over ramp at Unalakleet... jamming the throttle forward to get moving, then yanking it back and spinning round and round with the rudder as I slide along the surface. Great fun!

Alot cheaper with Flight too, compared to a RA, where some expensive wing damage can be the result.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Good thing this is not the real world, a lot more fun.