Sign in to follow this  
Knottypine1979

Cub on Steam today with 25% discount

Just though I'd create a separate topic for this. Right now I just checked steam and the Deluxe Cub is being offered with a 25% discount!

Man, they'll do ANYTHING to get you to switch to Steam! Resist the dark side, Luke!

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just a shame that they get total access to your PC, and can pop up downloads and who knows what else at their whim. Not worth a couple of dollars to me.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Man, they'll do ANYTHING to get you to switch to Steam! Resist the dark side, Luke!

Hook

True, however you don't need the Steam version. You can just copy the code and input that into your GFWL version. Also off topic, running Windows 8 and my enter key no longer works in these forums. :(

Just a shame that they get total access to your PC, and can pop up downloads and who knows what else at their whim. Not worth a couple of dollars to me.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

On-topic: thanks OP for the heads-up. Just grabbed it, who knows when I'll actually fly it but would like it there when I'm ready.

True, however you don't need the Steam version. You can just copy the code and input that into your GFWL version. Also off topic, running Windows 8 and my enter key no longer works in these forums. :(

Windows 8s has a bunch of bugs, as reported by The Tech Guy. Another Vista, I'm afraid.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Go onto any gaming forum and you will read about it.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I just saw this and I don't know what to think. On the one hand, I was hoping for a discounted upgrade price, but this sale is less than 24 hours since it's been out. And I assume the Xbox price is still the same (yes it is, I just checked). If it was an introductory sale price, you'd think it would be cross-platform.

It's still above my threshold value of a cockpit-only upgrade (even though I read that it's much more than just a VC upgrade).

Very strange marketing message.

It's still above my threshold value of a cockpit-only upgrade

Just out of curiosity, what IS your threshold value?

Hook

Larry Hookins

I'm a PC gamer. I have 221 games on Steam to date. I use Steam everyday. I have a high knowledge of computers (it's my job) and I'm pretty much OCD about the stuff that gets on mine.

I don't know what misinformation you read but Steam does not install things without your consent, it does not scan your computer without your knowledge.

The only time Steam could scan your computer is IF you choose to participate to their hardware and software survey. You have all the liberty to refuse.

Just out of curiosity, what IS your threshold value?

Hook

Well, around the price of a new Deluxe plane minus the price of a plane without VC. I'm still flying more outside of the plane than inside, unlike most of the experienced sim flyers. Another thing that would have tipped the value scales upward for me is snow ski and float options.

I don't know what misinformation you read but Steam does not install things without your consent

I'll quibble here a little bit. I did not want to install the Steam client. But without it I had none of the Steam features. Mostly, I wanted access to live chat, which I can't get unless I buy something through Steam. Basically, the Steam client was installed against my wishes.

There. Does that count? :D

Hook

Well, probably the price of a new Deluxe plane minus the price of a plane without VC. I'm still flying more outside of the plane than inside, unlike most of the experienced sim flyers. Another thing that would have tipped the value scales upward for me is snow ski and float options.

You're quibbling over the price of a small candy bar here. This isn't about price, is it?

Hook

Larry Hookins

I'll quibble here a little bit. I did not want to install the Steam client. But without it I had none of the Steam features. Mostly, I wanted access to live chat, which I can't get unless I buy something through Steam. Basically, the Steam client was installed against my wishes.

There. Does that count? :D

Hook

You're quibbling over the price of a small candy bar here. This isn't about price, is it?

Hook

The steam client was installed against your wishes, how the hell did that happen, im just curious.

Thanks for the tips!

Damn, now I'm stuck, I've bought the cub in steam, but where is the 'code' and how on earth do I copy to my local install?

$11 much more realistic price I think, although I'd have paid the extra if needed.