Sign in to follow this  
Guest 6FingerSays

You are a passenger on a B737-800NG and both pilots are unconscious. Could you land it?

Guest Calvin39h

I honestly don't know how I came across this old thread, but I would have to say yes. 

I think I could program the plane to auto land... all depending on weather.. wind.. etc.

Loved reading the replies!

Guest Calvin39h

How many pieces are we allowed?

what do ya mean?

All systems working on a CAT II/III approach in VMC, sure I know exactly which buttons to push to get her into autoland and let the NG do it herself.  Hand fly?  I can do it quite well in FSX.  But not being used to the feedback, it would all depend on how quickly I could adapt and incorporate the feedback...but I should wouldn't risk 180 souls on it if there were any other options.

Eric Szczesniak

This topic passed me by but having been given the " kiss of life " and revived I feel I must add that there is a certain amount of arrogance towards Cabin Crews .

Everyone seems to assume that amongst these people no one involves themselves with Flight Simulator ( or just assume that all flight attendants are women ) , forgetting of course that there are also female members on AVSIM ( and other sites ) , just as not all pilots are men . Maybe they just decided not to get involved in a pointless discussion of a situation that will ( hopefully ) never occur .

As for all the " I wouldn't have any problem flying the plane and landing it " , well I hope that you never have to put your life ( and everybody else's ) to the test and prove that you in fact couldn't .

There's a bit more to flying than sitting in a comfy chair and pushing a few buttons , if it wasn't wouldn't we all be up there ?

John

Sigh, let's bury this thread once again and hope that it stays dead this time...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Calvin39h

This topic passed me by but having been given the " kiss of life " and revived I feel I must add that there is a certain amount of arrogance towards Cabin Crews .

Everyone seems to assume that amongst these people no one involves themselves with Flight Simulator ( or just assume that all flight attendants are women ) , forgetting of course that there are also female members on AVSIM ( and other sites ) , just as not all pilots are men . Maybe they just decided not to get involved in a pointless discussion of a situation that will ( hopefully ) never occur .

As for all the " I wouldn't have any problem flying the plane and landing it " , well I hope that you never have to put your life ( and everybody else's ) to the test and prove that you in fact couldn't .

There's a bit more to flying than sitting in a comfy chair and pushing a few buttons , if it wasn't wouldn't we all be up there ?

John

Why you angry? I think in an emergency situation, I could land it. I may break a few things, But I think I could. I think thats something that PMDG has taught us..

@Calvin ,

My post was not a reaction to your post and certainly wasn't angry at all .

As I wrote above , I missed this thread when it was " alive " but having seen it in the Hangar Chat , I actually read all 10 pages before I posted . I found that the cabin crew were totally overlooked for the reason I stated above and wanted to add that, nothing more .

John.