Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

F.O. ATC dialog missing words or numbers

Hi again guys.

I have a question regarding my first officer when he is in charge of ATC (I get lazy sometimes). For instance, my call sign might be "American two niner" but my F.O. will readback "American two" and maybe miss other words in his readback or transmission.

Is there a tool in MCE for adding words and numbers, so that this gets included?

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just flew into New York and he kept calling it 'New'. It would be nice to add the 'York' :)

Hi again guys.

I have a question regarding my first officer when he is in charge of ATC (I get lazy sometimes). For instance, my call sign might be "American two niner" but my F.O. will readback "American two" and maybe miss other words in his readback or transmission.

Is there a tool in MCE for adding words and numbers, so that this gets included?

Regards,

When using pre-recorded voices you will only hear generic Tower, Ground, Approach, etc...

If you want to hear FO say “Sheremetyevo tower, United 654 with you”, or “going to Charles de gaulle ground”, you’ll have to use a TTS voice.

Recording 25000 airport names are definitely a no-go. Will see, perhaps recording just the most popular ones might do for some.

FO should be able to speak the call sign entirely, unless the airline is not among the recorded ones.

There isn’t a tool to add words because they have to be recorded by the same voice actor.

There is a workaround though.

Open your mce.ini config file under

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\mce.ini (Windows 7 or Vista)

C:\Documents and settings\your_user_name\Application Data\Multi Crew Experience\mce.ini (Windows XP)

Change “Debug=0” to “Debug=1”

Save the file.

Anytime FO is unable to speak a particular word, it will be written to a file called “missing_fo_words.out”

Once you have created custom scripts and ran them for a while, including your random custom replies, submit the file, and we will eventually get the voice actors to record more. If they agree of course.

Gerald. I have changed my mce.ini to debug=1, but i can't find any file called missing_fo_words.out

1) Where is it supposed to be created?

2) why do i have two mce.ini files, one in the MCE folder under roaming and the other in my MCE root directory?

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's in AppData/Roaming/multi crew experience. IF your on Win7

File is called missing_fo_words.out.

The mce.ini inside MCE installation folder should never be edited. It serves as backup in case the one in |AppData\Roaming\ folder gets messed up. When you select "Restore factory settings", the ini in installation folder will overwrite the other one with the default settings, which work for the majority of users.(FS++ Team)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

The mce.ini inside MCE installation folder should never be edited. It serves as backup in case the one in |AppData\Roaming\ folder gets messed up. When you select "Restore factory settings", the ini in installation folder will overwrite the other one with the default settings

Thats a valuable tit bit which perhaps should be pinned..

Thats a valuable tit bit which perhaps should be pinned..

Done!

It's under 'Useful information about MCE'

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Recording 25000 airport names are definitely a no-go. Will see, perhaps recording just the most popular ones might do for some.

Ah Understood, thanks for the explanation, of course it would be unreasonable to expect all those names to be included!