Sign in to follow this  
Bill Alderson

C208 for FS2004 Bouncing

Just purchased the C208 for FS2004. Looks great but when I begin to taxi it starts bouncing uncontrollably. The faster I go the higher the bounce. Pretty soon you don't need a runway, just bounce high enough and gun the engine! ;)

Sure hope there's a fix coming real soon for this.

Thanks,

Bill Alderson

LOL.You must have the STOL option :)

LOL!

Just as an FYI for anyone else might have the same problem, I did contact Cerenado and they sent me a new aircraft.cfg and air file that fixed the problem.

Happy flying....

Bill Alderson

I've also found the bouncing issue.

I'm hoping Carenado will post a patch for this rather than everyone having to email them.

Still enjoying the Caravan though.

Pete.

Dang - just what I feared - bouncing down the runway just like the old Arrow IV... I know everyone always attributed low volume of Carenado FS9 sales to lack of interest - but - I just don't think it was the case... It's always been the poor job and lack of attention to detail on the flight models ( not including Bstolle's excellent work in FSX )... I really want to like Carenado products - visually they are stunning - just get someone who can do FS9 flight models and you guys will have the FS9 guys flocking to you once again... The Caravan was on my must have list - too much Flying Wild Alaska I guess - but I'll have to wait and see if the FDE bugs get worked out... Sigh...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi guys....there is a patch for this issue since past Wednesday.

Click here for the Updates page.

We have detected that some people who have some sceneries or mesh terrain installed have bouncing problems when taxing, taking off and/or landing.

This patch replaces the aircraft.cfg and the C208B.air files.

Carenado

Dang - just what I feared - bouncing down the runway just like the old Arrow IV... I know everyone always attributed low volume of Carenado FS9 sales to lack of interest - but - I just don't think it was the case... It's always been the poor job and lack of attention to detail on the flight models ( not including Bstolle's excellent work in FSX )... I really want to like Carenado products - visually they are stunning - just get someone who can do FS9 flight models and you guys will have the FS9 guys flocking to you once again... The Caravan was on my must have list - too much Flying Wild Alaska I guess - but I'll have to wait and see if the FDE bugs get worked out... Sigh...

Regards,

Scott

I hear ya Scott! Sometimes I wonder why they even bother with porting FSX products to FS9. Since it appears that they don't do much more than that. Of course, when all is said and done, it does manage to put a few more bucks in thier pocket. ;)

Bill Alderson