Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Confirmation that VOXATC is what i need

Hi!

I am searching for an ATC-addon that matches my needs (well, at least most of them...)

What i want from the atc addon is...

* To give me, via voice or text a correct clearance delivery (including a SID) before i start my flight... something like:

"Norshuttle 57Foxtrot cleared to London Heathrow via the Ars4G departure.." and so on...

* Before the final waypoint on my flightplan give me a correct approach clearance (including a STAR) something like:

"Cleared moxam4f arrival rwy 21"

* Handle the AI-trafic of my choice... so that it actually "interacts with the AI-trafic that is flying around in the world...

* Handle real world routes with airways and such.

That is pretty much what i need...

right now i am using radar contact but it doesnt GIVE me any sid and stars and that really grinds my gears... ;-)

Can VOX-ATC do all this?

Is it possible to interact with VOX-ATC using keyboard commands instead of voice?... (i dont know why this would be a neccesity but it might be good ...

Thanks for clearifying this...

(I know the answers to these questions can be found... but the answers i find somewhat contradicts the other answers... So to be sure I would like someone that KNOWS for a fact to help me;-) )

Thanks!

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas,

VoxAtc will do all of those things pretty well. My one criticism is how it handles AI traffic. Vox creates its' own traffic in a space around your aircraft. You set the amount of traffic you want. While on the ground you'll see plenty of traffic but once airborn you rarely see any traffic at all. You'll hear random chatter. this is the one part of the program that I wish Tegwyn would modify. I wouldn't let that be a show stopper for you though. It does SIDS\STARS very well.

NAX669.png

I see to its no use spending money and time creating real world time tables to have realistic ai trafic if I want to use VOX ATC right? Is it possible to use key commands or the mouse to interact with the atc? or is it ONLY voice recognition?... due to my work i sometimes fly late at night and its tough to keep the family happy if i keep talking all night;-)

Thanks for your help...

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas,

I'm not sure how important real world schedules really are. I work for a major US Airline and we change flight schedules so often, that it's not likely that anyone would be able to keep up. It's not unusual to have schedule changes multiple times in one month.

NAX669.png

Of course, i totally agree with you, it was more of a hypothetical thought...more important to me is to see ai trafic that is logical to see companies that normally trafic the airport you are on... But i can live without that if necessary:)

Niklas Eriksson

It does that. You won't see a Delta commuter at Dusseldorf or an EasyJet at DFW. The airlines are correct for the region you're flying in. Vox just doesn't use schedules or flightplans. Try the demo. It will at least give you an idea of what Vox will do. I own Radar Contact and ProFlight Emulator also and VOX is what I use 90% of the time.

NAX669.png

Thanks, i tried the demo but got problems right away(see my other topic... i liked the AI trafic though,,, ;)

Niklas Eriksson

Nigge

I have a CPL and work in ATC ... VOXATC is as close as you can get right now to real world operations ... pressing buttons to talk to ATC just doesn’t do it ... you have to talk. The phraseology it not 100% up-to-date (especially for the UK) but its close enough to add to the cockpit workload.

It’s not perfect but it does a good job of ‘simulating’ ATC voice communications which is no mean feat. It is quite expensive but overall I think it is good value for money. It’s about the cost of two quality add-ons, ask yourself this … would I use two quality add-ons every time I switch on my sim? I use it every time I do a FSX flight and it’s a main part of my sim set-up.

Rich

Hey Nigge, you might want to read this RC4 vs. VoxATC I reviewed.

http://forum.avsim.n...628-pfe-or-rc4/

yes, VoxATC would assign you a SID/STAR and it would fully ineract with your AI.

as for the real world routes, it depends if your AI has it, if it does, VoxATC would pick it up and use it.

The AI that Vox uses are the one Installed in your FSX, rather it is an addons or biult in AI, it uses them all with their original Flight plan.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Tjena Niklas :-)

I have been using VoxATC for a few days, the demo and my main concern at present id the fact that once your flightplan is filed the situation seem to be very old school MSFS adventure like. What I mean is that you are expected to follow the exact route you filed, the situation plays out almost like a script and the only airports that exist in the world at that time as far as VoxATC is concered are the two you filed between. In other words forget AI traffic at any other airport, forget even trying to dial up a different airprt ATIS or diviate from the script in any way. I know you can change to an emergency airport and land there but that is where the flexibility ends unfortunately.

Dont get me wrong, I loved VoxATC demo and might go ahead and purchase, but a little more flexibility, non script gameplay wouldnt hurt really. For example the possibility to takeoff VFR and fly without a pre determined flighplan like much VFR flights are carried out in real life, or VoxATC awareness of the world around it rather than just the two airports you file between. OK for IFR I suppose, less so for VFR in my humble opinion.

Micke Cedergren

Mike

Hmm, I recall in the demo being able to fly with VOX without filing a flight plan. Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, though. I do remember it got picky if you deviate from the commands it wanted to hear, though. It's one of the things that kept me from ordering.

I do hope there's stil work on future versions, though, it's a great base of an ATC app and the closest of all I've tried. It just needs some flexibility improvement and a way to interact with traffic (and a price cut) and I'll purchase it.

Hi Mike,

I don't understand your complaints about VoxATC being a scripted adventure: "What I mean is that you are expected to follow the exact route you filed".

That's what ATC exspect you to do: Following your filed flightplan! It's not true that you cannot "deviate from the script in any way". You can always ask for lower/higher, deviation for weather, direct to next waypoint.

What more do you want?

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller