Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 - VPATH/VNAV

I've been flying this plane for awhile now and love it except that I can't seem to get it to follow the vpath I program in the FMS. I've gone through all the tutorials for the FMS on Youtube and while LNAV works just fine, it refuses to climb or descend as programmed. My steps are:

1. Create a flight plan in FSX

2. Load the flight plan from GPS into the Citation's FMS

3. Set the speed and altitude for each way point and initialize

4. Input all other required values (departure runway, wind speed direction, fuel load, etc.)

5. Select the correct FGC source

6. Enter V speeds

7. Select NAV and C/O

8. Set an initial altitude

9. Take off and put the plane on the flight path

10. Select AP and VNAV

11. Plane climbs to initial altitude and stays there

I figure I'm missing a step somewhere after the programming of the FMS but have not been able to identify what that step is. I'd appreciate any help you can provide, especially from other Eaglesoft CX 2.0 owners

The posted video tutorial is one of several that are good references for programming the Citation X v2's FMS, and one has be sure to close the flightplan by entering the destination airport, even if it's already a part of an FSX flightplan that's imported into the FMS. The manuals explain this.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I've been flying this plane for awhile now and love it except that I can't seem to get it to follow the vpath I program in the FMS. I've gone through all the tutorials for the FMS on Youtube and while LNAV works just fine, it refuses to climb or descend as programmed. My steps are:

1. Create a flight plan in FSX

2. Load the flight plan from GPS into the Citation's FMS

3. Set the speed and altitude for each way point and initialize

4. Input all other required values (departure runway, wind speed direction, fuel load, etc.)

5. Select the correct FGC source

6. Enter V speeds

7. Select NAV and C/O Don't select C/O... It's done automatically when needed.

8. Set an initial altitude

9. Take off and put the plane on the flight path

10. Select AP and VNAV

11. Plane climbs to initial altitude and stays there VNAV well never, ever violate the selected altitude either in a climb or descent.

I figure I'm missing a step somewhere after the programming of the FMS but have not been able to identify what that step is. I'd appreciate any help you can provide, especially from other Eaglesoft CX 2.0 owners

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed might have hit it on the head.

If you have your initial altitude dialed in, and then think it will climb to it, then the next on its own in the FP, it won't. It is a fail safe also used in your descent. It will not break the alt you have dialed in, you will have to adjust this before your next climb or descent phase.

Well, I'm pretty certain I nailed it... I wrote the code. :wink:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Further to the point, Eaglesoft does not do product support in other than our own forums. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well, I don't see this as tech support... they're asking how to use the systems. Normally I don't answer such questions... was just feeling amiable about it for once? :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Plane climbs to initial altitude and stays there VNAV well never, ever violate the selected altitude either in a climb or descent..

And therein lies my problem.

Ed might have hit it on the head.

I learned that today :rolleyes:

Well, I'm pretty certain I nailed it... I wrote the code.

Bloody good job on that B)

Further to the point, Eaglesoft does not do product support in other than our own forums.

This is not a tech support issue as I'm sure it'll do what its supposed to do. This is a dumb user error on what is a quite complex (and fun, mostly :rolleyes:) aircraft to fly. The manuals are little hard to follow and while the Youtube tutorials helped, it was actualy post on another forum by a user using a similar aircraft from another publisher who documented his FMS program step by step while also including all the other steps from starting to take-off that helped me get to grips with the Citation. Wish I had saved that link....

Well, I don't see this as tech support... they're asking how to use the systems. Normally I don't answer such questions... was just feeling amiable about it for once? :)

it definitely was not a tech support issue and I'm glad you were in the mood B)

Well, I'm pretty certain I nailed it... I wrote the code. :wink:

LOL... :biggrin:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Found the sample flight. Its actually for the Wilco Citation X but hey, it worked:

https://freedownload...t_CitationX.pdf

Unfortunately, the program only contains settings for LNAV so no joy there on the VNAV. If someone could do something similar for the Eaglesoft bird that would be cool. Hell, if I ever figure it out, I'll write it.

Im actually have a problem with start up when i put the levers forward they go to 60% N1 and launchs me forward even with parking brakes engaged. To top that off, it wont even let me put the aircraft into reverse thrust.

Im actually have a problem with start up when i put the levers forward they go to 60% N1 and launchs me forward even with parking brakes engaged. To top that off, it wont even let me put the aircraft into reverse thrust.

That sounds like your throttle isn't configured properly in FSUIPC. I'm assuming you have a joystick with a throttle slider or some other throttle that needs to be configured.

That sounds like your throttle isn't configured properly in FSUIPC. I'm assuming you have a joystick with a throttle slider or some other throttle that needs to be configured.

No thats just it. I've configured everything. You know when you start up the lever has to notch up a tiny little bit? From the cut off? For me when I click it it jumps forward.