Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abh_jc_03

Saitek Yoke worked fine but lost power

My Saitek pro flight was working fine when a storm hit and the power went out. My computer is all on a surge protector. The rudder pedals show a green light but I have no light or response with the yoke. Has anyone had a problem like this before?

My Saitek pro flight was working fine when a storm hit and the power went out. My computer is all on a surge protector. The rudder pedals show a green light but I have no light or response with the yoke. Has anyone had a problem like this before?

I suppose the I/O panel could have been damaged. Obvious troubleshooting tips here: Have you tried a different port? Reinstall of drivers? Have you tried a different device in that USB port?

Good luck!

Are you referring to the I/O panel on the computer or on the back fo the yoke? I should clarify that the storm hit and everything was fine. The next day the power went out for 5 seconds so I am unsure why it would be acting up since it wasn't a lightning strike. I moved a few USB cables around and the cables were being recognized in my computer. The yoke and throttle quadrants have no LED or response. I have not tried installing the drivers again yet. When I get home on Monday I will give it a shot and see. Some people mentioned to not install the saitek drivers when I first bought the product several months ago.

Good news! This morning I unplugged power source from the wall again and then plugged it back in and it turned on!

That is a relief! On a similar question, i just bought a power adaptor for my saitek yoke. When i plus it in, without plugging the yoke to the computer, i get no lights or life on the yoke or connected pedals and throttle.

If i connect the yoke to the pc via usb it all comes to life.

However, if i disconnect the power supply to the yoke, all my controllers die.

I guess this is normal? Can anyone pls comment?

Good news! This morning I unplugged power source from the wall again and then plugged it back in and it turned on!

Good to hear. I wouldn't have guessed it was that simple!