Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

On 10/30/2023 at 6:22 PM, Fabio Lessa said:

How can I check if the FO managed to see that the thrust levers are beyond CLB detent? Because visually, the thrust levers were in FLEX/MCT, just like the indications on the PFD.

If I observe it through the dataref, which parameter should I look at, and from what value is the MCE FO programmed to understand that the takeoff thrust has been set?

Download latest dll and it should get things settled for all Toliss supported planes.

Hi there!

I have the Toliss A340 - 600.  I have problem with the hydraulic pumps,  Clive doesn't seem to be able to open the four switch covers and consequently the hydraulic pumps don't start, starting with APU.  I can correct this myself manually, can you arrange for some more training for him?

Regards

Dudley

WW4959.png

Hello, Gerald, I hope everything's okay.

I'm contacting you again to answer two questions about the interaction XP12 + ToLiss + MCE all in their latest version.
X-Plane 12.0.9-rc-5
ToLiss A319 v1.9.2
ToLiss A320 v1.0.4
ToLiss A321 v1.6.2
ToLiss A340 v1.3.1
MCE 1.6.70 with latest DLL

1) I customized the checklists according to an operator here. However, the answers to some items are "open" for the pilot to say the current status. For example:
- BARO REF in COCKPIT PREPARATION C/L, where the pilot reads the QNH entered on FCU
- T.O SPEEDS & THRUST in BEFORE START, where the pilot reads the speeds entered in the MCDU and the other reads those from the EFB
- ANTI ICE in AFTER START, which the pilot informs whether it is on or not, as it depends on the condition at the time
In short, there are at least 20 items on the checklist whose expected response depends on the condition entered at the time.
My question is whether we can somehow leave the possible response options in the MCE's checklist. In the case of ANTI ICE, the expected responses are "on;off"; in the case of BARO REF, there are numerous options but it would be OK if the MCE recognized that if the pilot says "set" at the end, he can move on to the next item on the checklist... example: "1011 set".

In my ignorance, I understood that the MCE only accepts one answer option in the personalized checklist.

2) On landing, would it be possible to make the MCE recognize after touchdown:
- Ground spoilers extended and perform the "spoilers" callout
- REV green on EWD and call out "reverse green"
- detect deceleration and call out "decel"
- detect autobrake disengagement and perform "autobrake off" callout
- perform the "seventy knots" callout at 70 kt during landings
At least for me, these callouts have never worked.

Best regards,

Fabio

7 hours ago, Fabio Lessa said:

Hello, Gerald, I hope everything's okay.

I'm contacting you again to answer two questions about the interaction XP12 + ToLiss + MCE all in their latest version.
X-Plane 12.0.9-rc-5
ToLiss A319 v1.9.2
ToLiss A320 v1.0.4
ToLiss A321 v1.6.2
ToLiss A340 v1.3.1
MCE 1.6.70 with latest DLL

1) I customized the checklists according to an operator here. However, the answers to some items are "open" for the pilot to say the current status. For example:
- BARO REF in COCKPIT PREPARATION C/L, where the pilot reads the QNH entered on FCU
- T.O SPEEDS & THRUST in BEFORE START, where the pilot reads the speeds entered in the MCDU and the other reads those from the EFB
- ANTI ICE in AFTER START, which the pilot informs whether it is on or not, as it depends on the condition at the time
In short, there are at least 20 items on the checklist whose expected response depends on the condition entered at the time.
My question is whether we can somehow leave the possible response options in the MCE's checklist. In the case of ANTI ICE, the expected responses are "on;off"; in the case of BARO REF, there are numerous options but it would be OK if the MCE recognized that if the pilot says "set" at the end, he can move on to the next item on the checklist... example: "1011 set".

In my ignorance, I understood that the MCE only accepts one answer option in the personalized checklist.

2) On landing, would it be possible to make the MCE recognize after touchdown:
- Ground spoilers extended and perform the "spoilers" callout
- REV green on EWD and call out "reverse green"
- detect deceleration and call out "decel"
- detect autobrake disengagement and perform "autobrake off" callout
- perform the "seventy knots" callout at 70 kt during landings
At least for me, these callouts have never worked.

Best regards,

Fabio

Sure,

Regarding checklist...

For items where the answer can be anything and the FO isn't expected to make sense of it, use one '_' (underscore) character.

[ ] item in checklist   -- _

MCE will then switch to "dictation mode" and you can say anything you want. Speech engine obviously may not pick-up exactly what you said as the dictation feature of the speech engine isn't as reliable as the "command and control" feature.

For anti-ice or other checkable items that can be ON or OFF, use "as required" as the reply.

[ ] engine anti-ice  --   As required

If you replay "as required", "as desired", FO will assume you intend the switches to remain in their current state.

If you reply "ON" (or equivalent word) he will check it's ON.

If you reply "OFF" (or equivalent word) he will check it's OFF.

Regarding item 2.

Since latest version, should be able to select 70 kts call-out on landing. Click button next to "Call-outs and monitoring" feature in "General" tab and you'll be able to customize call-outs.

Grab the latest here

Will get back to you regarding other items as soon as possible.

Hello again Gerald,

First of all, thank you for your usual prompt reply.

I would just like to give you a quick feedback that I have uninstalled the version I had of MCE and installed the one available at the link provided. I did some quick tests with the A319, A320neo and A321 with scenarios that I had already saved in Toliss ISCS with the aircraft on approach. As expected, the 70 kt callout was performed for all three aircraft. 🙂
In addition, just for your review backlog, on one occasion (it was with the A321), I used full reverse - the vast majority of landings I keep in idle reverse. Strangely, the copilot gave me a "thrust set" callout and "100 kt" callout during this landing roll-out. Over the next few weeks I'll be monitoring behavior with full reverse and I'd be happy to tell you about it later.

I haven't had time to edit and run my checklists yet, but the way you've reported it above, for me and I believe for most users, it would be perfect.

When you have some time, please just confirm that when using this last version available on the site, it is not necessary to replace the DLL for Toliss with the file you sent me here on October 18, 2023.

Regards,

Fabio

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 11:21 PM, Fabio Lessa said:

Hello again Gerald,

First of all, thank you for your usual prompt reply.

I would just like to give you a quick feedback that I have uninstalled the version I had of MCE and installed the one available at the link provided. I did some quick tests with the A319, A320neo and A321 with scenarios that I had already saved in Toliss ISCS with the aircraft on approach. As expected, the 70 kt callout was performed for all three aircraft. 🙂
In addition, just for your review backlog, on one occasion (it was with the A321), I used full reverse - the vast majority of landings I keep in idle reverse. Strangely, the copilot gave me a "thrust set" callout and "100 kt" callout during this landing roll-out. Over the next few weeks I'll be monitoring behavior with full reverse and I'd be happy to tell you about it later.

I haven't had time to edit and run my checklists yet, but the way you've reported it above, for me and I believe for most users, it would be perfect.

When you have some time, please just confirm that when using this last version available on the site, it is not necessary to replace the DLL for Toliss with the file you sent me here on October 18, 2023.

Regards,

Fabio

You're welcome.

Please get the patch here and manually replace a few files. You'll get the latest

Patches - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

• Like 1