Sign in to follow this  
Bobu

Aircraft recommendation needed

Dated? Hmm you're the first person I've heard mention that... I think it looks great!

Me too one of my favorite fs planes.

The real 510 cockpit is very clean and "smooth" I think flight 1 captured that very well. Maybe that's what your seeing as being dated?

O well

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Not dated at all! Even the toilet is high definition :) Sure the outside is smooth, but that's how it is. The inside though is where there are alot more details.

Sorry OP I didn't see you mentioned Mustang already.

One thing I can add about the Mustang. The cockpit almost looks cartoon-like to me. Definitely not what I would consider photo realistic. I wonder if there is a setting I have wrong somewhere. It looks nice, just not photo realistic. Some of the other cockpits I have do look like the real thing. Maybe this is what Phillip is talking about?

Thank you rob. Of course Im comparing it (Mustang) to the PMDG J41 or Carenados. I think I'll go with the EagleSoft Citation X 2.0. How is this? Will they refund if I don't like it?

That PMDG J41 looks like a nice transition plane to the MD-11. But from a learning curve point of view, it appears the MD-11 is a different animal, so not as much carry-over as opposed to learning the J41 and then going to the 737 NGX?

Not dated at all! Even the toilet is high definition :) Sure the outside is smooth, but that's how it is. The inside though is where there are alot more details.

Sorry OP I didn't see you mentioned Mustang already.

No worries Dan. Regarding the Mustang, are there any settings I can make to increase the resolution of the VC? I looked at the documentation but I didn't find anything. Don't get me wrong. It is nice. Just not super photo realistic IMO.

The real 510 cockpit is very clean and "smooth" I think flight 1 captured that very well. Maybe that's what your seeing as being dated?

Could be Lee!

I don't think there's any settings for VC resolution, but I haven't had any problem with it. Look great to me.

Maybe it's graphics settings. I set 16x anisotropic and 8x Antialiasing in my graphics card since the beginning of time

I don't think there's any settings for VC resolution, but I haven't had any problem with it. Look great to me.

Maybe it's graphics settings. I set 16x anisotropic and 8x Antialiasing in my graphics card since the beginning of time

Okay I have an ATI so that could be some of it. But I get solid smooth frame rates, so I can't complain. I took it for another flight last night and honestly, it is nice. I think it might be as another poster said. Just the way the cockpit looks in real life. Fun plane to fly. I just wish it went faster!