Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

I Am Confused re. "Views"

We have "A" key, "S" key, and the Shift+x keys for various views. I understand what each is doing but really want to modify the "A" and "S" views.

There is a cameras.cfg is in the FSX folder and another cameras.cfg in the Users\.........Roaming\......FSX folder.

Neither seems to match what is happening when I press "A" or "S".

Can someone explain to me how I set just what views are in the "current category" and what the categorie list is?

Two or three hours reading and trying different entries and still see no pattern to any of it.

I will be very grateful for some help.

Thanks in advance

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

The views you refer to are defined in each aeroplane's aircraft.cfg, not cameras.cfg :)

I believe the aircraft .cfg is related to the Shift+<number> keys. I know how to deal with them. It is those "A" and "S" bad boys that I can't seem to figure out.

I will have a look at the SDK and hope the answers are there.

Thanks

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Shift + number keys are 2d panel activators and have nothing to do with views and view points. Do yourself a favour and save a lot of hassle and buy EZdok camera, it makes viewpoint creation and editing a breeze.

Cheers, Andy.

Do yourself a favour and save a lot of hassle and buy EZdok camera, it makes viewpoint creation and editing a breeze.

I agree 100% Andy. I bought EZdok last weekend, found some great tutorials on YouTube, and got started setting cameras. The problemis that EXdok assigns the Next in category, Next category, etc to the default keys which causes the confusion. How can EZdok be programmed to cycle through vews and categories like "A" and "S"?

No doubt about it ,,,EZdok is a valuable add-on and is already adding a lot to my flights. When I get back home next week and study the FSX SDK docs maybe it will all clear up.

Anyhow, thanks to all of you for your replies, they are truly appreciated.

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi Neal,

By default when you setup EZdok with a new aircraft or when you add new camera positions to an existing aircraft those new views are not included in the A and S view changing system.

If you go into the EZ-studio and click on one of the named camera views to highlight it and then look just to the right you will see a little button with the letter "C" in it's centre. If you click on the "C" button the highlighted/selected camera view to the left will now be included in the Next and Previous view function list and you will now be able to scroll through the list of views with those A and S keys, or whatever joystick buttons you have selected to do the same thing.

This facility was provided so that you could have a large number of cameras but also allow you to only have a select number of favourite views assigned to the next and previous view selection facility.

You will also see two arrows, one pointing up and the other pointing down, these buttons allow you to move the currently selected camera up or down the list so that you can change the order of the camera list.

Cheers, Andy.