Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Rex Essential auto detected by FSX? / client server simconnect option?

I've been using Essentials for a while now and really like the weather generation. Until they release the first big service pack, which I believe is progressing well, you have to understand the time it takes to get Essentials to reliably inject weather into your flight scenario. I've have reliable loading by following this sequence:

1. Start Essentials

2. Wait the full duration of time it takes to download and interpolate weather. This can be a 5 minute operation. Go make a cup of coffee! Let it complete!

3. Now start FSX. Select your flight plan and allow FSX to move the aircraft to the departure airport, BUT DON'T LOAD the flight itself yet...

4. Now alt-tab back to Essentials. Choose 'Fly Now!'. Click the Load Weather button.

5. Now alt-tab back to FSX. Click Fly!

As your flight initializes in FSX the weather will be injected into your scenario in a brief few seconds.

From what I've read as comments from the Developers, they have addressed this slow load time to the tune of something like 80% improved. I know others have other methods to load Essentials weather, but the way I mention is at least totally reliable, albeit very slow. I think this was a real defect in the design of the program, but to their credit they are addressing the issue in a big way.

Noel

So no matter what, you have to click on the GUI in REX Essentials to get weather data to load then? There is no way to do so via command line i take it. For instance, now i use a batch file to clean up processes on my machine then launch fsx (and to use an external fps limiter which also launches fsx).. i was thinking i could just put the REX Essentials before fsx loads with a timer, but that still requires user interaction.. Load Weather then click fly now?

Thanks for this information again.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hi,

Will SP1 increase the loading time - unfortunally in Australia we have to suffer with crappy slow internet speeds, the government want to spend billions on the NBN but I dont feel like paying $200 per month for slightly faster internet, which is still capped, unlike Europe where unlimited means unlimited downloads ect.

I dont feel like paying $200 per month for slightly faster internet, which is still capped, unlike Europe where unlimited means unlimited downloads ect.

I live in the United States, and up until recently, Comcast had a 200GB bandwidth cap but they removed it temporarily due to controversies (Such as people signing up for Internet and not knowing about the 200GB cap, which is true; they don't tell you).

'rstough says ==> I want to encourage you if you have not already, become a member of our support forum so that we can best handle issues over there.

http://www.realenvir...eme.com/forums/

Service Pack 1 is progressing well and we will have more news about it soon.

More like an EDIT. Do not discuss warnings or call Mods out again as you did.

Edited by ZachLW

Service Pack 1 is progressing well and we will have more news about it soon

Are you REX guys from Jamaica or something, giving us the "soon come" expression which could mean anything from tommorow a year or maybe never come? Think I heard this coming very soon to often...

i was thinking i could just put the REX Essentials before fsx loads with a timer, but that still requires user interaction.. Load Weather then click fly now?

Thanks for this information again.

I tried a similar approach by putting a shortcut to the .exe in the startup folder so that at boot up it would load. Go make coffee...then run FSX. I couldn't get it to run from the startup file. The method I arrived at is certainly not the only one, but at least it works reliably.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X