Sign in to follow this  
Eef

Tearing / Stutter / Vsync

Actually, after some tests, keeping VSync off and no NI and setting unlimited fps seemed the best or no worse and held the highest fps for my system.

Setting any kind of NI limiter gave me some graphic problems, tearing I guess. So keeping it off and setting unlimited in fsx and VSync off seems best.

Something about the unlimited FSX fps setting being best. Haven't tried it yet with DX9 yet so not sure whether performance better or not. Kinda new at using FSX. A few settings work differently then FS9 that I'm still getting used to.

Jon.

That's actually my current setting, no vsync, no fps limiter, FSX is running very fluid. (DX9)

No VSync, No FPS limiter - everything is smooth and average 25fps performance ( DX10 ).

With any limiter fps drops below 20.

I have noticed that water setting have influence on whole performance.

If water is set to recommended x2 High my overall performance drop down by few fps.

I sacrificed water effect - set water effect to "none" and gained few extra frames.

All other popular tweaks as "fiber frame..", "affinity mask", "force vsync" etc. does not affect my system.

Artur 

I've now added 'force vsync' in NI and there was no significant drop in frame rates, unlimited FPS. is there a difference between setting vsync in fsx.cfg and in NI performance wise?

You've got an i7 running at 4.7 ghz with a GTX 580! That should eat FSX at at least 1/2 to 3/4 settings for breakfast comapred to my non k 15-2500.

True but it's interesting we both have better smoothness with unlimited FPS contrary to most recommendations, with V-sync off I can feel the performance is a bit better but the tearing can get very ugly.

There is another reason why to limit FPS to 30: For those who are flying with flight sim yokes or aquivalent it is

very usefull to have a constant velocity of trim rudder changes and other movebles. If the framerate is varying the changes of e.g. vertical trim are also varying. As a consequence the sim experience is less realistic.

Wulf

I've noticed that setting a 30 FPS limit in FSX is actually limiting it at double whatever I set. So 30 give a 60 FPS limit etc etc. This is only in DX10 mode and with vsync set to app controlled nor forced in FSX.cfg

I had wondered why with my 680 GTX that it would never hold at what I set. After I upgraded to a TITAN I was doing some tests and had a limit of 60 set and was getting 120 FPS, set to 30 then I was getting 60 FPS. Can't try earlier drivers as this card isn't supported and I'd have to hack an .inf file to do it.

hello i cannot set my vsync on dx10 mode also i read guide and my inspector lookin different :Z

my driver is 314.22

260M GTX

[Main]
DisablePreload=1

on my cfg and 30fps limited at my in game settings

in my nvidia control panel theres these settings;

-app. controled
-off
-on
-Adaptive
-Adaptive Half refresh rate

on my inspector its version is 1.9.7.1

vsynch1.jpg

vsynch2.jpg

vsynch3.jpg

my land textures cutting radomly on my pans camera with my persistent 30fps

what sould i do in this inspector ? or in my nvidia panel?

Hi Murat;

You need to select the MS Flight Simulator X in the "Profiles" window in the top-left corner. You don't use the Global Settings. How to do this? - Easy... just follow the directions below, and you will soon be a Master!

So -

1). Open Inspector and bring up the Profile Settings screen, as you did the first time.

2). Left-click once on the "_GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile)" name: it will then become highlighted i.e. it will change to white letters on a blue background.

3). Press the two keys - "m" and "s". This will change the Global settings name, and become the list of the five or six games/programs that begin with "MS".

5). One of these will be "MS Flight Simulator X". Point to it with your mouse and left-click once. This will then bring up the default settings for our FSX, and this is the profile you are going to change.

6). Next - count along the icons from the "House", (which is approximately just left of the middle) until you get to the 9th, which looks like a funnel.

7). Click it once. You will then be able to se all of the settings which will affect FSX. You can slide the right scroll bar down a little until the "AntiAliasing" title is at the top.

8). Now you have a screen which you can print in one piece, instead of two or three screenshots - OK?  :smile:

Then - click here to see one of the more recent "medium" Inspector setting pics, download it, or and simply copy them into your Inspector. Once you have done this - click on the "Apply Changes" button in the top-right corner. Done!

Then run the sim, and check to see what other problems you might have, then come back here.

All the Best,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

that button ''which looks like a funnel'' :) always grey at mine i cant clik it :) but changing profile is worked... however my settings still same but this time Vsync working at game thnx :) heres the my inspector setting on vsync

-VSYNCMODE_FLIPINTERVAL2
-VSYNCTEARCONTROL_ENABLE

Sorry, adi - you're still not using the FSX Profile: those two lines aren't available in the FSX profile.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

im using it i did evryting like you said... its saying ''_GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (MS Flight Simulator X)'' at inside that profile thingy... but my inspector just showing that lines as a option for a ''Vertical Sync Tear Control'' and ''Vertical Sync'' :Z anyhow its working :) maybe mobile versions drivers diffrent than desktop ones?

This is completely strange. Can you post a screenshot of that title bar, adi?

oki im sending all i can see :)

first main inspector window

ins5.jpg

i gone to that profile tab and typed ''MS'' and i see ''MS Flight Simulator X'' between MS Flight and MS Flight Simulator 2004
and after i select ''MS Flight Simulator X'' as you said.. and after that i cant see it there anymore when i search it again with ms...

ins1p.jpg

however its alredy on my profile tab... but as i said that button(...CustomSettingNames 'button') is grey i cannot clik nothing happens...

ins2.jpg

here is the rest of my inspector

ins3g.jpg

it didnt shrink :(

ins4a.jpg

anyway on my nvidia tab also MS Flight Similator X profile apears additional to main profile than i select it there also...

and here it is

ins6i.jpg

at there its saying Vertical Sync: Adaptive (Half Refresh Rate)

thats all :)

When you see the "MS Flight Simulator X" you need to left-click on it with your mouse pointer in order to select it, Murat. Once you have done that - it will give yours the appearance we're looking for.

When you see the "MS Flight Simulator X" you need to left-click on it with your mouse pointer in order to select it, Murat. Once you have done that - it will give yours the appearance we're looking for.

His MS Flight Simulator X profile is missing as shown in the screenshots.