Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

You want a VC...?!?

Yup, I've said this many times before - with the English manual there's nothing stopping you from learning and flying the Project Tupolev Tu-154M, even if you don't know a word of Russian.

It is my very favourite plane to fly in FS9!

It is my very favourite plane to fly in FS9!

Same here! Makes you feel like you're flying the aircraft, not baby sitting the autopilot : ) If you are interested, new model is being made for the PT 154 (it's a second VITAMIN as the original model wen't lost during disk crash) Wow... I was not able to paste the link because of avsim blocking links to russian equivalent avsim.su? Very strange... and a bit stupid.

But maybe we should get back to the development of TinMouse Virtual Cockpit as this is what the topic is made for. My intention was not to derail the topic : )

Hi guys. I am a newbie in flight simulator and in this page, however as I can see in this forum, in order to improve the visuals for this model you need some real pictures. I flight this aircraft in real world . If you need some pictures, please let me know waht pictures you need and how they shuold be taken (dark, at an angle, straight pointing to the panels....). I will be more than glad to help.

Feel free to take them and post them here, I am probably not going to use them though.

This is an open source project anyway. If anyone wants to change anything about this aircraft, (s)he can do so.

Bjoern, do you create to whole textures by yourself? All of them are gonna be hand made?

Most of the textures I've done, yes.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hello Bjoern, Greetings from Ukraine! At first I want to thank You- Your work is wonderful(!) =) For this model 3D cockpit very need. Next, in to network internet there are three of weather radars and two model of free CDU(vas & Mirage's FMS http://mirage.orz.ne.jp/fsdev/). With these devices fly more comfortably. It will be great if model will contain fw wx and cdu. Can You make addition into model of TM these fw devices after(I'll give to you know the names of the wx archives)? Thank You in advance. Regards!

It will be great if model will contain fw wx and cdu. Can You make addition into model of TM these fw devices after(I'll give to you know the names of the wx archives)?

No, sorry.

However, you can add these devices to the 2D and 3D panel yourself with help of the SDK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDK for RC3:

http://www.mediafire...xa8sliabllh4zdz

• Upvote 2

No, sorry.

However, you can add these devices to the 2D and 3D panel yourself with help of the SDK...

Ок. Thank You, no questions. It`s wonderful occupation- create 3D cabin for TM model(!). Good luck for You. Best Regards!

Technically, it's not for the model included with the TM package (that's Terry Gaff's work)...

Good luck with the gauge integration.

Technically, it's not for the model included with the TM package (that's Terry Gaff's work)...

I something not understood about Terry Gaff's work ... Okay, it`s after .

Good luck with the gauge integration.

Thank You!) We will try remake vas. I want to ask You: can You create icing and gnat effects at the classes of the 3D cabin? And else: what Your opinion about light cone from headlights(not 3D light effect) in model? I think light cone will illuminate clouds in flights(and etc)- it will be most really(!). What do You think about it? To tell to truth I very want to see those effects and light into model- it lacking to me. That`s all now. Thank You for attention. Best Regards!

You create icing and gnat effects at the classes of the 3D cabin?

I've thought about it, but a convincing rendition of windshield icing would mean more materials and textures, which means decreased performance.

And else: what Your opinion about light cone from headlights(not 3D light effect) in model?

Can't be done convincingly in FS9.

FSX would offer more options regarding material properties, but I can't run it on this laptop.

I've thought about it, but a convincing rendition of windshield icing would mean more materials and textures, which means decreased performance.

Can't be done convincingly in FS9.

FSX would offer more options regarding material properties, but I can't run it on this laptop.

FS9 is not very demanding these days anymore... I'm sure you could push the polygon limit for this model to the max without really hurting the FPS.

FSX is still demanding, I agree. And very heavily as I personally have difficult to run it as well.

Pardon me, I want make correction: don`t say "no" now. Create at two variants- with and without icing and gnat effect. It will be quite good alternative(FW model of Yak- 40 have some icing effect, gnat effect have Cessna- Mustang by Flight1). My P4(3.06Ggz) and PT TU- 154 have good operation together, with icing effect, fps in normal for me. By the way, sometime in future Your pc will also be changed, at more power ).
Can't be done convincingly in FS9...

If together, with ordinary headlights? And as alternative two variants- with and without? What do You think?

FS9 is not very demanding these days anymore... I'm sure you could push the polygon limit for this model to the max without really hurting the FPS.

Polygon count are not the problem; the number of materials is.

Material count is at 25 for FS9. The FSX version would stand at about 15 materials, making it very performance friendly.

I need to work with a 1.83 GHz Core Duo w/ 2Gb Ram, a 64Mb X1300 and a 14" 1024*768 screen here.

Unless anyone wants to buy me a new Thinkpad, understand that I'm rather cautious about adding nonessential features.

Pardon me, I want make correction: don`t say "no" now. Create at two variants- with and without icing and gnat effect.

With "gnat" effect you mean dead bugs and dirt on the windshield?

This can be achieved with an edit of the glass texture.

I'm no fan of dirty windshields.

Icing, on the other hand, would be rather nice, but I'm not sure what (simulator) conditions are needed to make it appear.

(Temperature <0°C and rain/snow?)

If together, with ordinary headlights? And as alternative two variants- with and without? What do You think?

I'll look into it.

Here's the test with a custom light cone. Looks stupid, doesn't illuminate anything and FS9 generates its own cones when it's foggy or rainy anyway.

732_light_cone_test.jpg

FSX offers way more possibilites in terms of custom lighting.

(Screenshot from backintheday, when my FSX PC wasn't gathering dust in a storage room.)

The icing thing, however, looks more promising.

732_icing_test.jpg

• Upvote 1