Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

MKStudios KSNA

I have MKStuidos freeware KSNA scenery, and whenever I try to load up an aircraft there, it immediately crashes, because the whole scenery is slightly above the ground and is not "hardened" to have an aircraft on it. I have installed their "runway elevation fix" in the hopes that it might do something, which it didn't. Does anybody have this problem, and how can it be fixed?

Thanks,

boeing247

Was it for FS2000, 2004, FS9.1 or FSX?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Bram,

Ok, I got a copy of the scenery .. will try it and see if I get a crash.

Best Regards,

MK-Studios didn't have those fixes posted at the time so I used Scott's and it seemed to work just fine.

I also updated the approach code to present day, shut down that small runway 19L completely and removed the unrealistic thermal effect on final to 19R. Very nice airport now. ^_^

Regards, Kendall

Ok,

The download from AVSIM library (MK Studios KSNA for FSX) worked ok without any fixes/patches.

I went to gate 1 ... first gate in the list. That is all I tested.

Best Regards,

I also installed KSNA for FS9 and went to gate 9 .. no problem so far.

Best Regards,

Do any of you guys have an issue with the ground texture, (Grass, Vegetation, Taxi Lines) disappear as the aircraft approaches them. Imagine flying or taxing forward and at that exact rate of movement the ground textures disappear.

I am using Mega Scenery Socal V2 btw.

No.

My wheels are sunk into the ground a few inches though.

Best Regards,

Do any of you guys have an issue with the ground texture, (Grass, Vegetation, Taxi Lines) disappear as the aircraft approaches them. Imagine flying or taxing forward and at that exact rate of movement the ground textures disappear.

I am using Mega Scenery Socal V2 btw.

I had the exact same problem (I'm not using Mega Scenery). There are a couple related KSNA files to search for: runwayelev_fix_fsx; and acc_elev_lights_fix. One of these, not sure which one, fixed the problem completely.

Angelo Cosma,

I am not using Mega Scenery Socal V2 btw.

Could you do a screenshot of what you see .. time of day and where you are at.

I will test the same situation and see ... may I have the problem and do not know it.

I have not done there fixes/patches .. runwayelev_fix_fsx; and acc_elev_lights_fix

Best Regards,

^^^ I fixed it with the "Acceleration Lights Fix" however this completely removed, or disabled the VASI / PAPI Lights from functioning period (I don't see them), I also have no strobes leading into runway 19R.