Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

I was hoping LINDA would simplify the MCP Combo but....

for those of us who are not LUA programmers it only helps when someone programs the buttons /dials/switches for an individual plane. As an example: someone set up the MCP combo for the RealAir Duke Turbine and it works perfectly. I spent many hours trying to get the same setup for the RealAir Duke without success. After following the trace routine I was able to program open ing the fuel valves only to find that turning the ignition to start closed them again.

So, as it is now,,,LINDA is great for the few planes in my sim that have programs. For the rest the MCP Combo is only useful on add-on planes when standard FSX keys are used.

Isn't there some way to provide a set of profiles showing the LUA scripts for various functions (eg. opening fuel valves and making them stay open)?

PLEASE do not misunderstand...LINDA is a super program. Without it my MCP panel would have been sold long ago. It would just be even better if it worked on more planes that are in my hangar (Flight 1 Cessna Mustang, Wilco ERJ, B-N Islander, etc)

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi Neal,

I am sure some of us will be happy to develop module for other airplane ... the fact is that we dont own all of them ... and that it is not allways possible to interact with all the add-on (depend how it is programmed).

Michel Veréb

Neal,

all slightly advanced addons need some tricks and tweaks from the developers to get around the FSX possibilities.

That leads in the end to complete external "machines" like PMDG and A2A, which where using FSX just as a graphical platform and let all the complicated functions compute outside FSX.

FSX gives us fortunately hundreds of functions we can deal with, but as you can imagine, you need hundred of thousands of functions to compute a realistic 737 behave. Thats way over FSX possibilities.

So, every developer have to make a workaround to fullfill his targets.

And not two developers use the same codings for e.g. the cockpit light or the battery.

So you have to make always a LUA script from scratch to find out how they've done it - even from one addon to another of the same developer, they use sometimes different codes.

That means in the end, you really have to start from scratch for every new addon!

There is no other possibility.

But we have now more then a dozen modules and I find this a huge amount.

Most addons out there are very simple, so you could use Carenado stuff for 99% with the standard FSX functions which are provided by LINDA already.

And there is also a huge range of semi-complicated addons where probably 50% works with the standard functions.

I was in the same situation as you a few years ago, as I had several hardware switches here and was frustrated that they do not work as I like. Then I found out that incredible power of FSUIPC and the LUA scripts and learned a bit how to use them.

Finally Artem contacted me one day and LINDA was born after a few month which was a giant step to simplify a lot of work and the whole LUA scripting!

So, I just can advice you to jump yourself into LUA scripting and try to make modules.

It's not as complicated as it sounds if you have once started!

But I can't provide a module for every addon out there - because of time and money!

And we have some great modules from the community already!

So, jump in and get a part of this community and make LINDA modules! ^_^

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------