Sign in to follow this  
Tamer008

A poll that may inspire PMDG developers!

A poll that may inspire PMDG developers!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the most suitable option for you based on your preferences: 3D FANS Please just vote for option1 or 2 and don't post comments against the idea of this poll which is 2D and dont claim that options dont cover allPossibilities (that is stuipd t...

• PMDG can make a 3D VC model and a FULL 2d representation of VC cockpit as an expansion pack at EXTRA CHARGE.
    • PMDG can make a 3D VC model ONLY and ANOTHER version with ONLY 2D model without including 3d VC ( 2d representation only) and price these two independent model separately according to man hours each model has taken, maybe the 2d will be more expensive.
    • PMDG can make a 3D VC model and a FULL 2d representation of VC which is the same approach that has been done with NGX(this option is the least likely based on developers decision but it might change according to a statement by one of the developers).

VC is the way to go, it's not like real pilots have "panels" in front of them not able to move. In a vc you have to pan (and in some cases even move) in order to access buttons/switches/levers.

But if the customers want a 2D, they should make it. As the customer always comes first. Again if I write about that flight simulator is a hobby (not only a business) I'm sure I'll get ban warnings again... Really strange community.

Either way, I'm sure the 777 will be an amazing airplane when it comes out.

I don't think PMDG has any trouble selling their product. Option four. Don't buy it if you don't like it a poll isn't going to change their mind. They've already stated their position and that's not going to change.

I don't think PMDG has any trouble selling their product. Option four. Don't buy it if you don't like it a poll isn't going to change their mind. They've already stated their position and that's not going to change.

As you can read just above this post PMDG has given the issue extensive consideration, a forum vote will not change that.

They have taken a decision based on the market the way they see fit, if you don't like it, vote with your wallet, I know I will. By buying the 777 as soon as it comes out, since I think PMDG produce great aircraft, 2D or 3D.

And Tamer, you can hardly call a vote serious if it does not consider all the options. Which is yet another reason why I belive it will not be considered by the staff of PMDG.

Are you serious?? the idea of this poll is to give PMDG a general idea of number of 2d fans so the options cover all the possible options considering 2d development.......so simply you can choose option 2 and have yr fancy VC without 2D !!!people like you who want a fourth option ( no 2d at all) have bad thinking because you have mistaken the conept of this poll!! SO vote only or stop posts S H I T.

Are you serious?? the idea of this poll is to give PMDG a general idea of number of 2d fans so the options cover all the possible options considering 2d development.......so simply you can choose option 2 and have yr fancy VC without 2D !!!people like you who want a fourth option ( no 2d at all) have bad thinking because you have mistaken the conept of this poll!!

Agreed. A similar discussion was made in another topic about the cabin, a lot of users said no for a virtual cabin to be developed but suddenly other users gone against this, and PMDG made a statement that there will be a virtual cabin for the airplane.

I cannot understand why some people say they don't want a "virtual cabin" or a "2d cockpit"... I mean... you can choose not to use them. After all we're paying for an expensive airplane which should have all the features any other airplane has.

Agreed. A similar discussion was made in another topic about the cabin, a lot of users said no for a virtual cabin to be developed but suddenly other users gone against this, and PMDG made a statement that there will be a virtual cabin for the airplane.

I cannot understand why some people say they don't want a "virtual cabin" or a "2d cockpit"... I mean... you can choose not to use them. After all we're paying for an expensive airplane which should have all the features any other airplane has.

it is simple as : (( why some people say they don't want a "virtual cabin" or a "2d cockpit"... I mean... you can choose not to use them))

Because they are negative people and don't want to help people out or even help development process!!

I totally agree with you ......thank you....finally a Good man :Nerd: :Hug: :friends:

How about no.5: No 2D at all?

That's what I looked for. Looks like I'm not voting!

this poll for serious people only ( not kids !) vote only or stop posts S H I T.

Relax. This is not YOUR forum, posts like that are just plain childish. If you start a topic like this you may get answers you don't like and you should be able to handle them like a civilized MATURE adult.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1. PMDG is a business and as such I am certain they do their market research and balance that out against any decisions they make.

2. PMDG is not a democracy and while a poll may give an indication of market trends it most certainly is not the Holy Grail despite what it's advocates may believe. Besides, who is to say that 2D supporters or detractors will ALL vote? Maybe it will be skewed in favour of the dissatisfied few because they are the ones who shout the loudest to be heard. The majority who may be happy with current PMDG policy may not bother voting at all. Ergo, a 100% poll in favour of a 2D panel means absolutely nothing.

3. It's a free economy (well, sort of Rolling%20Eyes.gif ) so you can vote with your pocket book / credit card. Far more effective than a poll, I think.

As an aside...I used to be an ardent FS9 fan, loved my 2D panels in the 744 and spent many happy hours tooling across the globe. However, life does actually go on and if one doesn't keep up it tends to leave you choking in the dust. So I ponied up, got myself a newer system which was FSX-capable and, frankly, I haven't looked back. Yes, getting used to the NGX was a bit of a struggle but nothing really radical.

Bottom line: Accept what PMDG is offering, Tamer and enjoy it or decide that their products are not for you and move on to another developer instead of dredging up a subject that has been done to death.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Very funny, having lived in a non democratic country all my life, but now living in a so called "democracy". Seeing a post stating PMDG is not democratic really reminds me of my former country... Remember this is a hobby, not only business

Anyway, am I and Tamer the only ones wanting a 2d cockpit as well? I am a VC flyer mostly, but I always start my engines, do all my preflight in 2d panels. Also sometimes when I just want to get access to something quick... 2D is always the answers.

Seeing all the people against 2D panels and against virtual cabins, what you are actually doing, is trying to make 777 an inferior product with less features... Think before you post.

I voted yes for 2D panels.

Relax. This is not YOUR forum, posts like that are just plain childish. If you start a topic like this you may get answers you don't like and you should be able to handle them like a civilized MATURE adult.

If you know what mature and adult means you should not start with (((( You forgot Option 4:

PMDG can do what they want)))) comment !!!! you should have been a civilized MATURE adult!!! hahahh.By the way i have been tired struggling with time wasting comments like that!!

I've read about enough of this. Tamer you can't host a public opinion poll and restrict ideas and comments, either negative or positive. This is coming from someone who wants their voice heard yet wants to silence others. It just doesn't make sense. On top of that, the vulgarities on a family forum are NOT acceptable.

Please take a break for a little while from the forums and consider how your actions affect the experiences of our other members including young children.

A poll that may inspire PMDG developers! I hope this poll will end the 2d, 3d conflict. It will reduce useless comments and make space for more important topics and for sure it's PMDG final decision!

POLL = ((VOTE ONLY PLEASE)) !! YOUR COMMENT (+ OR -)

IS NOT WELCOMED ( USELESS)!!

When you add an option for 3D with no 2D then I will vote.

I think you missed the point, tupolev280.

In any case, no-one is "against" anything. There are certain built-in limits in FSX and PMDG seem to be concentrating on offering simmers the most realistic operation system-wise that they can. Something to do with limited polygons etc...I am no programmer but I understand that they have a finite number they can work with. If that is the case I would much rather have a rich and realistic flight environment rather than eye-candy. IMO the NGX strikes a good balance between the two. Who knows what else PMDG have up their sleeve regarding new releases. Those polygons may be very valuable indeed.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

What is offensive for "young" children here? I do not understand

Nothing, in my country a lot worse happens to many of our children (I will not name because these things are truly horrible), and they would laugh at many american ways of "protecting them"

Back on topic, this topic is just for voting for a 2D panel, if somebody posts that they do not want this at all, of... wow... another user voted for no 2D, what's wrong?

A reminder, nobody MUST use 2D, but for us who WANT to use it, we will! Voting against 2D? Come on...?

A poll that may inspire PMDG developers! I hope this poll will end the 2d, 3d conflict. It will reduce useless comments and make space for more important topics and for sure it's PMDG final decision!

POLL = ((VOTE ONLY PLEASE)) !! YOUR COMMENT (+ OR -)

IS NOT WELCOMED ( USELESS)!!

2388502-double_facepalm.jpg