So it's actually better off having FSX and OS on one SSD and using a standard HDD for various programs and storage.

This is what I did and have been very happy with it.... Extremely good FPS and texture loading.. With a 1TB WD for my video and music stuff.

Jeff

It is better yes, and saves you money.

Do you really need 512GB SSD? Are you sure you can even fill up the 256GB one just with important games (eg FSX) and OS?.

Hi, I'm thinking of going for the 512gb SSD as I plan to get other games like GTA, Need For Speed etc, I will also likely have programs such as GIS and Autocad on there as I get into my chosen career field, and I don't want to get caught short on space down the track. I dont want to be upgrading or replacing drives simply because I ran out of space, I'd rather spend that money on GPUs, RAM, etc.

This is what I did and have been very happy with it.... Extremely good FPS and texture loading.. With a 1TB WD for my video and music stuff.

Jeff

Cool. Looks like having the OS and FSX on an SSD and storage on a HDD is the way to go. That is what I'll be doing.

256 for FSX only is a pretty good size, you can get a lot of add-ons in that space.

In fact, I actually went to see how big my FSX installation was now that I've got most of my addons that I use alot in place installed. - I'm only at a tiny 35GB install! :shok: That is with the NGX, REX, UTX, GEX, FSG, SceneryTech Stuff, Lots of airports, and utilities!