Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Autothrottle issues

Hi Gents,

I haven't seen any other complaints re Autothrottle in the 737-800 but i'm having a terrible time keeping it engaged. It regularly drops off for no apparent reason and it will not re-engage unless I make an adjustment to the physical throttles. The nature of the adjustment doesn't matter, a llittle more or a little less and ATC will re-engage for a period but will again drop off after a short period. Makes SID's and STARS a dangerous chore. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric are you using FSUIPC? Do you perhaps have other keys/controllers competing for the same control input?

From reading forums, it is often down to a conflict. I suspect that others that may be in a stronger position would benefit from knowing more about what setup and equipment you are using.

I have this happen regularly. I find that if I bump the throttles with my elbow while reaching for the mouse, the AT will disengage. As you say, it won't re-engage until I move the throttles.

This preplexed me for a while until I realized that I could nudge the throttles without feeling it. I have my Saitek quadrant on my right side...same as my mouse. May not be your issue, but something to be aware of.

--Don

Don Polidori

Hi Eric,

As far as I know the NGX has three options for the A/T and your throttle quadrant. They can be find in the FMC somewhere in the SETUP> area of the FMC.

I think they where called "A/T Override" however I am not entierly sure.

However, if you find it there you should be able to set NEVER>, CLAMP only>, ALWAYS>. If in ALWAYS> your hardware throttle will override the A/T always. This makes only sens if you have motorized throttles, else you will override them often by accident.

If in CLAMP> your hardware throttle will override the A/T if it's in clamp mode. Makes only sense with motorized throttles in my eyes.

If in NEVER> your hardware throttle won't override the A/T. If you move your hardware throttle a cyan line will be shown on the N1 scale to show you the position of your hardware throttle relativ to the actual virtual throttle setting, which is very hand while you are on approach anf planning to disengage your A/T.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

I had this problem with the iFly B738 and was told that it was probably noise from the throttle on my ch products yoke and that I should increase the null zone. I tried the solution but didnt fix the problem so I ended up deleting the aircraft after persevering for a while. It has never been a problem with my other addons.

Craig

I too have a Saitek Yoke prof with a throttle quadrant. Do as xxxjohnxxx says and set 'A/T Overide' to Never. It works for me, no problems at all

Per W Sweden

Thanks for all your thoughts guys. Some options there that had not occurred to me plus it's nice to know that others have bumped into the same issue. Misery loves company I guess.

Best,

Eric